Ghostbusters VR trailer has PK meters, proton packs, and that awesome theme

Originally published at: Ghostbusters VR trailer has PK meters, proton packs, and that awesome theme | Boing Boing

It’s virtually reality.

Indeed. An awesome theme…

2 Likes

I kinda wish I’d had a chance to do this experience, since it had a lot of features that just can’t be replicated with current home VR rigs:

What people liked about it was that you were walking through a physical space where real things like walls, doors, chairs were reflecting what you were seeing in VR. They also had strategically placed heaters, fans, and a toasted marshmallow scent generator at various points in the experience. Those kind of details help a lot with the suspension of disbelief. Home VR systems that generate in-game walls and objects that reflect what’s in your real home will probably come someday but I don’t think we’re there quite yet. Nothing like tripping over a chair or walking into a wall to quickly end the immersion of a game.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Sony… so I guess this is going to be a Playstation exclusive?

1 Like

I have not seen the newest one but this is my favorite take.
(and I have very fond memories of watching the cartoon on Saturday mornings as a kid! I showed it to my 6 year old and she liked it!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.