Giant "horrific-looking" first amphibious centipede discovered

Only four sightings of the new species, and no reports of a bite, so that is extrapolated from other species.

The source article does not mention any aquatic adaptations. So the only evidence for the “amphibious” claim is one guy’s report that his specimen didn’t avoid water when it was trying to get away from him. And it didn’t die immediately when he put it underwater.

Ah, I forgot the Murdoch touch.

7 Likes

Oh no! Horrific-looking, bottom-feeding sea-bug.

Right. But you’ll eat a lobster.

6 Likes

I approve of this message.

(sent from my Clark Nova, which is very good for writing reports)

2 Likes

When I was a child I found this to be true of many small creatures. Some could survive days. Some were also surprisingly tolerant of being frozen.

On an unrelated note I am not a serial killer.

5 Likes

This is why humans will always be the most evil space-faring race.

Captain Funruly: Beam me down.
Ensign Shrozinger: Jesus Christ, that planet is covered in horrible things that crawl and claw.
Captain Funruly: Beam me down. That’s an order.
Ensign Shrozinger: Aye aye. But why, captain?
Captain Funruly: Same reason as always, Pinky. To see how they taste.

7 Likes

Lobsters pinch. They don’t bite.

The more I learn about the insects if the world, the more I like visiting Iceland. They don’t even have mosquitoes.

5 Likes

Yes indeedy, you’d better believe I’ll eat a lobster!

Oh, but purely as a defensive measure. I’m sure that left to their own devices, the lobsters would eat us first.

Pass the butter, please.

4 Likes

It is a pretty good news team and Politifact tagline, if only to get them to find scientists under 6 (mehaps 14 for Politifact) to be surprised.

‘We sent our giant, venomous creepy-crawly News 22 team to Citizens For Tasty Graham Crust. As comfortable palpitating along industrial shortening vats as it was swimming through local health department regs [3d infographic highlight of relevant text,] they found a fine schedule on unflavored and overbaked crust in SB.1,224,948, that surprised food scientists. [footage pls.]’

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.