This underwater nightmare scorpion was Earth's first "big predator"

[Read the post]

1 Like

Eh, Iā€™m not scared. Bring on the butter and lemon.

4 Likes

Can anyone explain why it would be angry? Predator, yes. Aggressive, yes. But angry?

1 Like

Ordovician trilobites also evolved defenses during this period. Fossil remains show trilobites had spikes protruding from their thorax, hundreds of composite eyes, and harder, denser shells compared to their earlier Cambrian versions. Take that Jesus!

5 Likes

I was amused that the first article I read about this described the creature as ā€œthe size of Tom Cruise,ā€ which really wasnā€™t a very relatable unit of measurement since I donā€™t know Tom Cruise or how tall he is. Since it then gave the length of the thing in feet and inches, it mostly seemed like an excuse to let people know how short Tom Cruise is. Still, it would be a disturbingly large creature to run across (and absolutely terrifying if one was Tom Cruise, I would imagine).

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the real tragedyā€”these things went extinct many millions of years before the advent of the mammary gland OR the citrus fruit.

6 Likes

So? Itā€™s a giant lobster with a stinger. Lemme get my eating mallet.

1 Like

Angry at climate change, maybe.

1 Like

1Ā¾ m chelicerate that swims and rips apart vertebrates: ā€œDoesnā€™t seem scary. Wonder what it tastes like.ā€
1Ā¾ cm chelicerate that sits in place and eats insects: ā€œItā€™s the creature from my nightmares - kill it with fire!ā€
In summary, I do not understand people.

2 Likes

Soā€¦what about this guy?

2 Likes

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure that was used in the first Avengers movie as a troop transport.

1 Like

Well for me itā€™s a case of super bad vision and 'ā€˜things i know are too small to see are suddenly big enough for me to see detail on.ā€™

This thing is lumped into ā€˜big shitā€™ category.

They were definitely somethingā€¦I think a lot of coelacanth.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.