Giant Meteor 2016

[Read the post]

5 Likes

It would be funnier if I didnā€™t actually feel that way some days.

18 Likes

We laugh so we donā€™t cry.

Also: we cry.

Given how bad our governmental system is (random toddlers would be better), if I werenā€™t actively working to completely destroy it then Iā€™d probably be borderline suicidal.

10 Likes

I still think thereā€™s hopeā€¦

8 Likes

True, there ARE some better options out there. Itā€™d just take a massive write-in campaign to make it work.

10 Likes

Best gif to come outā€™a the entire mess, so far.

17 Likes

Could you maybe chill with the ā€œtheyā€™re all the sameā€ shit and jokes while one of the candidates is endorsed by the Klan and has Neo-Nazis working for him? I mean, I know youā€™re pretty well insulated from this all, but come onā€¦ a tiny fucking bit of empathy for once?

8 Likes

Iā€™ve seen this bumper sticker circulate around Facebook recently. My initial thought is that someone is trying to paint Hillary as equally horrible as Trump. But itā€™s probably just a (weak) commentary on the general state of politics. While one might not particularly care for Hillary, compared to Trump, sheā€™s a golden angel of sanity.

4 Likes

I think itā€™s actually a pretty strong commentary.

Yes, -12 is bigger than -73, but theyā€™re both still negative numbersā€¦ especially when an average toddler is a 197.

3 Likes

Ahemā€¦

28 Likes

No way Princess Pricklepants has less than a 90% favorable rating.

I believe Iā€™ve found my candidate!

12 Likes

If you look into this a bit more deeply, youā€™ll find that Meteorā€™s platform includes some disturbing elements, such as the destruction of virtually all life worldwide (especially women and minorities), leaving only the .001% elites to survive in their underground lairs.

Should pull a good chunk of the #NeverTrumpOrHillary vote, though.

9 Likes

Ahh, but the elites need the help of regular people to survive the aftermath, and once they return to the surface theyā€™ll find a government that was formed by the people who were left on the surface that sucks a lot less. (Weā€™re super-resilient and most of the ā€˜civilization endingā€™ fears actually would result in far more functional human subpopulations)

The Constitution burning to a crisp wouldnā€™t be a bad thingā€¦Itā€™s a super-old idea made buy guys who thought that black people were only fractions of humans and didnā€™t think women should have the same rights as men. Itā€™s actually kind of crappy.

Iā€™m all for a big olā€™ reset buttonā€¦though Iā€™d prefer it if we didnā€™t end up destroying so much genetic diversityā€¦and an asteroid is only a moderate improvement over us in that respect. There are better ways, weā€™ve had plenty of chats about them hereā€¦none of them involve respecting the system we have now.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s the first candidate to have attended Hogwarts.

Sheā€™ll be polite whenever she has to use the red phone.

Her debate performance will be astounding.

Everyone wants to see this.

Her patriotism is the non-horrible kind.

And while her speeches might be 25% sniffing the microphone, the rest will be magnificent.

19 Likes

Meanwhileā€¦

13 Likes

I support the guy with the bad hair.

4 Likes

My brother has different leaningsā€¦

9 Likes

More and more, Iā€™m thinking Princess Pricklepants should have the inside track here.

5 Likes

Robot Nixon!

7 Likes

Did a giant meteor kill off the dinosaurs, or was itā€¦

21 Likes