Giant rock hits car in heart-stopping video taken during Taiwan earthquake

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/03/giant-rock-hits-car-in-heart-stopping-video-taken-during-taiwan-earthquake.html

8 Likes

Okay those are some big rocks. Some very lucky drivers there, altho that one was a hard hit.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m a little worried about that first car. Anyone in the back seat would’ve had a very bad day. :worried:

5 Likes

Some good tunes too.

8 Likes

I guess the driver can see the rocks coming before we do? Something specifically prompts them to back up.

4 Likes

“The trees came alive and starting throwing rocks!”

Holy SH*T!

9 Likes

Hey, practical effects👍🏻, amirite?

1 Like

Guessing a combination of familiarity with the area, experience of occasional rock slides, and the sudden feeling of the ground lurching under them. (Which, honestly, probably would’ve frozen me in place … which now I think about it, they might have been better off stepping on it instead.)

1 Like

A large boulder the size of a small boulder you say?

4 Likes

who was holding the camera?

4 Likes

“You didn’t tell me this place had a wave pool!”

A friend who was in Bangkok when the 2004 tsunami hit said that he got up to pee early in the morning and saw the water in the toilet bowl moving back and forth. He thought “I don’t remember having that much to drink last night,” went back to bed, and woke up a few hours later to the news that the south of Thailand had been devastated by a tsunami.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.