Gigantic yacht crashes twice into smaller yacht

Or perhaps a caucasian male, 5’ 10’ approximately 17 years old and 100 lbs soaking wet is being sought, seen leaving the scene in an antique Buick, wearing a brown trenchcoat and carrying an amplified speaker system.

1 Like

I think that was the other end, but whatevs, “When you yachta go, you yachta go!”

3 Likes

In my experience boating anywhere near a yacht club, that is certainly a closely held belief of many wealthy boaters.

Not all large boat operators are rich douchebags on the water, but there is a strong correlation. $ is not equal to boating ability.

Unlike the Porsche/SUV attempted coupling a few stories back, at least they were trying to get it on the right way round…

1 Like

This is an unfair stereotype. Most Ny yachts are very nice and will even give directions if you’re lost. They also give subway seats to the elderly and pregnant women. #notallyachts

3 Likes

I remember that scene as being a bit more exciting.

SY445%5B1%5D

6 Likes

FTFY 

2 Likes

the problem with large yachts is you’re never sure when the owner is driving.

4 Likes

I was just racking my brain trying to remember if I had ever heard the nautical term “prom” before. As in, ‘I hear you got a new boat, does it have a prom?’

3 Likes

it appears they held their Promenade on the Promenade.

A term I know solely from The Love Boat.

8 Likes

:slight_smile: if that’s what the 0.01%ers do with their cash, I am most entertained and pleased!

4 Likes

most certainly if one can summer for vacation then one can yacht for prom.

Seems to happen quite often with different sized boats that have engines on them. The engines perform an un-commanded full forward and crash into other boats or the land.

The little boat is paralyzed so the big boat is trying to push it to Lourdes.

4 Likes

This yacht-on-yacht violence has got to stop.

10 Likes

In my experience the owner driving is when things go wrong. Professional Mariners tend to be, well, professional and risk averse.

3 Likes

Moderate yacht owners need to denounce this horrible scourge. I suspect the yachties are trying to impose Maritime law on us all!

1 Like

I’m not sure either of these boats was a “private yacht”. If they were carrying passengers for hire, then they are commercial boats, and subject to a whole lot of Coast Guard regulations that don’t apply to yachts.

2 Likes

But some licensed professional mariners can be dumber than a sea anemone. I was in the marine industry for 35 years, and there is nothing some of these clowns will do that surprises me.

1 Like

That’ll buff out.

6 Likes