Gigantic yacht crashes twice into smaller yacht

When two ships love each other very much…

5 Likes

The prom theme:

6 Likes

"The larger ship, which had a prom on it,

Right…

first rammed into the second cruise ship,

Okay…

then backed up,

Uh huh, yeah, makes sense…

then struck it again with full force pushing it into the street knocking down a street lamp and causing damage to both ships."

Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy

3 Likes

True that.

I saw only one collision so I’m not sure where all this talk about backing up and ramming it again is coming from

3 Likes

The smaller boat, under maritime law, had the right of way. That’s about all I know about maritime law.

2 Likes

I think it was the eye-witness not understanding what he was seeing, possibly without a good physics model in their head for how boats behave in the water. It’s surprising to me just how many don’t understand that boats do not just stop when you shut down the engine, and there are no brakes.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Having your prom on a yacht is so fucking lame. I bet the music those kids were listening to was just awful.

1 Like

The big ship is a charter-yacht for events – https://caliberyachtcharters.com/destiny.html

huge%20ships

2 Likes

vtn_crunch

Now that was a crash. Felt the ship move sideways. Sleepless night unloading storerooms that were near the spot, saw the Captain with a forlorn look on his face knowing his career was over.

More mishaps here:
USS Coral Sea mishaps

1 Like

If blocking JavaScript, like everyone should, unblock rumble .com and rmbl .ws.

Too late. I gave them all permissions. Why are there 15 sites for an embedded video?

2 Likes

Were you expecting the invisible hand of the market to avoid the obstacle?

1 Like

Much to my surprise, this didn’t happen as the Cornucopia Destiny was docking. Instead it happed at the beginning of the cruise, as it was leaving with 95 students and 11 teachers.

"Hoboken’s fire chief told local TV that the Destiny was departing the pier at the time of the incident. The crash may have been caused by a mechanical failure: in the moments leading up to the accident, the Destiny’s master was heard shouting that he had “no control,” according to local media. "

… says you…

1 Like

It was Destiny.

1 Like

My brains’ first attempt to read this headline definitely had me reading it as one large yacht crashing and thereby turning into two smaller yachts.

2 Likes

Wait… they shot The Love Boat on a SET?!

I guess I should have known, but I haven’t seen it since it was originally on tv and I was a kid.

1 Like

Not all of it. Some of it was shot on actual cruise ships.

2 Likes

Seems like the CYA version of the cops mantra:

Boat, stop resisting!

1 Like