Gin yogurt criticized

I think it would also matter if you were on the antibiotic Flagyl. I think that had a warning about alcohol including that in foods. The doc explained it to me as “if you have alcohol with this you will be vomiting up your toenails.”

3 Likes

Huh. We have a few local producers in the PNW here who make great yogurt and it’s sold pretty much everywhere. One might have to buy a quart of the plain stuff when only needing 100g or so, but it’s still ubiquitous.

Yep, flagyl (metronidazol) is a close chemical cousin of antabuse (disulfuram) and has that same delightful effect.

5 Likes

You do know your Inner and outer microorganisms and bacteria outnumber your own cells, don’t you?

2 Likes

According to the Googles a standard unit is 14 grams of alcohol.
The yoghurt is 0.5% gin. Let’s assume the gin is 40% alcohol, so 7 kg of yoghurt for one shot of booze.
Three units a day is the recommended limit, so 21 kilos. The density of yoghurt is 1040 g/l, so roughly 20 liters of boozy yogurt a day.

Yeah, I see this happening.

2 Likes

Yeah but I don’t have a concentrated lump of them in my mouth to remind me of that.

Unless I’m eating yogurt.

2 Likes

On the flip side, yogurt cocktails

Yogurt drink cocktails

2 Likes

I find mango flavored yogurt works great in curries

2 Likes

what-could-possibly-go-wrong-gif

2 Likes

I have also seen tamarind yogurt which would probably work pretty good.

But the problem is more that flavored yogurts tend to be heavily sweetened, even the dump fruit in it kind. And the flavors they use tend to be deserty. Which kinda limits what you can do with it.

If I can’t find plain I’ll grab one of the single serve cups where you’re meant to dump the seperate container of fruity shit in and stir it. Those are often based on plain yogurt. It’s not great to just toss then little cup of jam, but if you can’t find plain yogurt for a recipe you can be a bit boned otherwise.

1 Like

I tend to use a little sugar in curries/tandoori paste to offset the heat anyway. So a flavored yogurt saves me the step.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.