Artisinal gin flavored with elephant dung gets you shit-faced

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/12/artisinal-gin-flavored-with-el.html

1 Like

12 Likes

clara-see-what

Also… gross.

14 Likes

Not so different from Kopi Luwak, which I will also not drink.

11 Likes

13 Likes

snl-kenan-no

I agree… yuck to all poop-related beverages… we’re not dung beetles after all…

dung-beetles

But maybe… just maybe… they are secretly the ones selling these products after becoming sentient in a horrible nuclear accident? :thinking:

12 Likes

And?

What do you think’s in perfume?

9 Likes

Not to mention that most of the vegetables we eat have come into contact with animal feces, sometimes even human feces!

Based on the convoluted process they go through, and the likelihood that alcohol would kill off any remaining bacteria, it’s safe to say that the gin would be safe to drink.

However, it’s awfully gimmicky. I really doubt that the average human palette could distinguish or appreciate the varied botanic notes in this gin, particularly after it’s mixed with tonic and a bit of lemon zest.

2 Likes

Are they going to expand into bear shit next?

“Pretty sharp”

3 Likes

Can’t taste worse then regular gin, right?

6 Likes

“Horrible,” of course, depending on who you ask.

1 Like

I’m sure the dung beetles are pleased with the outcome, since they seem to be building a poop-based beverage empire…

8 Likes

Alas, that P. T. Barnum died before the internet arrived.

8 Likes

I thought P.T. Barnum reincarnated as the Internet… right?

4 Likes

Even without the yuck factor, these guys have no control over what the elephants are eating right? So every bottle will be different. It would be almost impossible to do any kind of quality control on your poop gin.

2 Likes

Well, I have a bottle of a very tasty liquor flavored with beaver anal glands, so gin made from sterilized elephant poop? Sure, why not?

2 Likes

I mean. Given a choice between chewing on pine needles, and pine needles rolled around in shit and then washed off, I’d take the former.

Well, but last time I checked, most of us don’t DRINK perfume… and I suspect many of us don’t wear it, either (I can’t speak for others, but I personally don’t).

The latter is why we get outbreaks from time to time. I suspect that if the people who worked on commercial farms were more well-paid labor, with a decent salary, time off, and breaks instead of low income, sometimes undocumented labor who work in pretty terrible conditions, we’d cut down on those e-coli outbreaks…

Doesn’t mean some of us want to, though…

See our dung beetle overlords above…

4 Likes

That’s my thought on it and also a great poop pun. Love it :grin:

5 Likes

I knew that if anyone was gonna ‘get what I did there’, it would be you…

:wink:

6 Likes