Artisinal gin flavored with elephant dung gets you shit-faced

Let’s hope Ryan Reynolds doesn’t get wind of this

2 Likes

Well, not anymore.

4 Likes

Kopachyderm Luwak?

2 Likes

We wised up, fortunately… I think we stopped using lead in our make up at some point, too…

2 Likes

Unlike some other liquors, it will get you shit-faced in a way you’ll never forget.

1 Like

How much you wanna bet the non-poop-flavored variant they make sells for about ten buck more.

In the US at least, human feces needs to be in the form of a class-A biosolid that has undergone two phases of treatment. There is an interesting discussion about it in this article - but the gist is that the use of biosolids is safe compared to the alternatives.

I won’t argue with you there.

Sure, gin is not my thing either. But if the reason for not drinking this is that it has contacted the washed, dried, sterilized feces of an animal, then there are plenty of other products to avoid.

1 Like

Then what would you eat? If you have leftovers, you should eat them yourself, don’t send your own lunch in the mail.

2 Likes

"Artisinal gin flavored with elephant dung"

Sold only at your local Babar.

V1_CR0%2C29%2C304%2C171_AL_UX477_CR0%2C0%2C477%2C268_AL

10 Likes

Perfumes are also disgusting. Always give me a migraine.

Let the whale barf and corpse juice alone.

4 Likes

“gin gets you shitfaced”

FTFY

1 Like

I think I saw them open for Amanda Palmer once.

5 Likes

i love gin – but honestly i can’t get past wondering how they WASH the damn poop without it disintegrating.

1 Like

From the sound of the article – making it disintegrate is the point as they’re washing away the poopy bits and keeping all of the undigested fruit & flowers & such, sterilizing them, and using those as the botanicals. Seems like a lot of work but I’ve had some lovely non-juniper-flavored gins made with local herbs & flowers that don’t have the “glass of pine tree” flavor (not that I mind that). They’re basically just using the elephants to collect botanicals for them.

2 Likes

I can’t tell the difference between an ordinary day and April Fool’s Day anymore.

4 Likes

You obviously aren’t an artisan. Don’t worry, though, the bar keeps getting lower all the time.

1 Like

Gin bidets could become a thing.

Put a bird on it.

3 Likes

so it’s just a marketing angle, really. i mean, they could just go and collect the botanicals the elephants eat and use those, but where’s the ZAZZ in that, amirite??

2 Likes

Oh, totally. Kind of like Amarula, which used to market their liquor as “cultivated by elephants”, suggesting that since elephants enjoy the fruit of the marula tree, they were collecting marula nuts that were helpfully crushed by elephants. (They weren’t, but it made for good marketing copy)

I mentioned above that I have a tiny bottle of beaver castor flavored whiskey, which is made by a local distillery – and when you go there, they freely admit that it’s their gimmicky marketing angle to get people in the door and try their more-conventional alcohols (which are also very nice).

2 Likes

Stirred, not shaken.

3 Likes