Girl on a rollercoaster goes completely bonkers

Bob you’re right.

2 Likes
3 Likes

e2d6f3a95acd1be37ded0340aa0ad485ceebd29b69d9535cdb7e34afc685da1c

19 Likes

When I was twilighted to get a few cardiac stents put in, it took me an atypically long time to recover. I was the second to last person to leave the recovery ward.
“How are you feeling?”
“Sleepy and cold.”
Apparently, the fentanyl did a number on me and my blood pressure was really low.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure you’re supposed to be able to read on those rides.

5 Likes

I still feel sorry for her. She has been publicly humiliated and has done everything she can to get the video down. A kid flipping the bird in a photo doesn’t deserve everything she is being put through - not in any way shape or form.

I laughed when I saw the initial post, and even shared it. Then I learned what she is being put through and deleted my post and link. It seriously isn’t cool to bully some girl because she passed out on a thrill ride.

4 Likes

If she drooled, I guess we’ll never know.

Bullied?
For what?

2 Likes

Slingshot PCB

People have been hunting her down on social media to mock and deride her. Not to mention that she’s desperately been trying to get the company to take the video down because of the emotional distress this is causing her, only to have it spread via reddit and here (presumably without knowledge of the full situation - Boingers aren’t bullies).

This is a teenager, being publicly humiliated on the web. The video is funny at first glance but ceased to be entertaining once I learned how it was impacting her. It stopped being funny when I knew that it was inflecting pain.

4 Likes

Thank you for responding.
I guess don’t think that she did anything to draw criticism.
I hope she comes out of it O.K.

3 Likes

I guess that I grew up in the '60’s, '70’s, '80’s, and '90’s, but it would seem that the effect is pretty much the same.

Would you actually pull negative Gs on this ride? During freefall you’d be at 0g no matter what your orientation. I guess I could see it if you ended up upside down at the bottom of the bounce; I can’t tell in the video if that’s what’s happening.
I’ve never ridden this ride because I’m really cheap. My niece wanted me to ride it with her, when she said it was 25 per person, my response was “I could fly to Chicago for 25 dollars” (not sure if that’s true).
I have blacked out on a roller coaster before, but my blood sugar was really low at the time. Just after the drop it went straight into a loop, so going from 0g to 2-3g. I didn’t go completely out, my vision just narrowed down to a pinpoint which was actually kind of cool.
And yes, I realize that it would be a red-out instead of a black-out with negative Gs. From what I understand, red-out is extremely unpleasant.

Since you’re being thrown up into the air on a tether, your ascent is being forcibly halted rather than allowed to peak naturally, resulting in deceleration forces (negative Gs) as you reach the upper bounds of the bungee cord’s stretch. The bungee would also actively pull you down from the top of the arc, resulting in a faster-than-freefall descent for at least part of your trip back toward the ground.

5 Likes

Lice.

My head itches now.

1 Like

Is she really, though? I did a bit of poking around due to your post, and it seems to me she’s actually having fun and enjoying her 15 minutes of viral fame.
At least she is currently linking to syndicated articles about herself on her own facebook page.
While she has written one or two FB-comments to the effect of “this is all too much” those too seem to be very much tongue in cheek.

2 Likes

Perhaps her attitude has changed. When I was checking things, she was virtually wailing that the company wouldn’t take the video down. Perhaps her 15 minutes has overridden the bullying. That would be nice at least.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.