Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds suspended from Twitter after suggesting motorists run down protestors

First of all, who’s the they you speak of here? The they I’m speaking about are the people in that picture on the highway trying to block cars - the people Reynolds advised us to kill. There’s no indication that any of those people had any connection to the things you mention.

Well, there is one connection: they were all black people who were upset about the police. I guess if you see a black person who’s angry about the police, it’s reasonable to assume they want to kill you?

Secondly, let me just point out that your anecdotes are highly suspect to begin with.

This is false. Somebody hit a journalist once and knocked him out, and there happened to be a fire like 30 feet away. A combination of media hysteria and the right-wing blog echo chamber turned this into an attempted murder by immolation when actually it was just a single punch.

I don’t know specifically about your other stories, but there are a lot of straight lies being circulated about what rioters did, and they all feed into race war hysteria. Not saying that nobody did anything fucked up - I’m sure some people did - but be very skeptical of the “first hand” accounts coming out.

7 Likes

You expect someone whose car is being forced to a halt by rioters to say “Hrm, yes, there are a lot of people in this vicinity engaged in violence and assault, and people were just throwing rocks at my car as I passed under that highway overpass, but it entirely possible that these particular individuals who are trying to make me stop my car are just interested in raising awareness and are attempting to engage me in earnest discussion about institutional racism in America, they are clearly and unambiguously no threat to myself”?

Doesn’t work like that. Any such person driving a car in such circumstances would be entirely reasonable if they feared for their life.

There didn’t “happen to be a fire” like 30 feet away. The protesters deliberately set a fire, and after one punched out a journalist some others tried to drag him into it. And it was much closer than 30’ in any event. Why are you just making shit up? Oh, that’s right, because to acknowledge the facts on the ground would be fatal to whatever point you’re trying to make.

Because you don’t want to.

https://twitter.com/MBarberWSOC9/status/778539533755310080/video/1

Trucks were being stopped and looted on I-85. Why would anyone willingly stop for a crowd on the interstate in such a circumstance? Would you?

1 Like

Just checking: since men are so often dangerous to women, are you suggesting that any time a group of men is near a woman in a car, she has the right to fear for her safety and drive over them to get away?

No?

Well then, what’s the difference between that and someone seeing a group of black people near their car and feeling afraid?

11 Likes

Well, not when it’s white men, obviously - as they never hurt women… /s

6 Likes

Pretty sure that if a woman was driving through a rioting crowd of men some of whom were throwing rocks at her vehicle, others of whom were beating up random women they caught in parking lots, etc., yes, and others of whom were trying to bring her car to a halt, yes, she would be within her rights to fear for her safety and drive over them to get away. Do you for a second believe there’s a court in the land that would disagree?

You mean other than all of them, at least the vast majority of the time?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.