Glow-in-the-dark binkies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/06/glow-in-the-dark-binkies.html

MAM also has glow in the dark binkies. https://www.amazon.com/MAM-Orthodontic-Pacifier-Months-2-Count/dp/B0082I1IA8/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1507293550&sr=8-3&keywords=MAM+pacifier+glow+in+the+dark
In “girl”, “boy” and unisex designs. also orthodontic. You can find some designs on Amazon for $6 for two, prime shipping.

The glow in the dark is very useful. Not too bright, so it doesn’t bother my kid. She doesn’t like light at night, to the point where when it is bed time she pulls anything she can reach over her head. Hands, blankets, a wash cloth, her PJs before I manage to wrestle her into them, her stuffed animals… I can find the binky when she manages to throw it 12 feet or under the crib, and she can find it in the middle of the night when she wakes and has a binky emergency. If she can see and grab it, she doesn’t wake up all the way, just sticks it in her mouth. We usually keep a spare on her bookshelf, in case she did manage to throw the one she was using. Easy to see, grab, and pop in her mouth so she goes back to sleep. I’m not looking forward to ditching the binkies.

The MAM binkies are also very durable, dishwasher safe, and come in this plastic case you can use to sterilize them in the microwave. Not that I ever bothered to do that more than the first time. I’m lazy and tell myself I believe in a little dirt being a good thing…

2 Likes

Just add a few embedded LEDs and you can have "BlinkyBinkies.

3 Likes

So. Not glow-in-the-dark bikinis, eh? I was so confused at first by the pics.

2 Likes

Or BabyThrowies.

The glowey bit though, is that part edible, or maybe dangerous?

1 Like

well, then there’s nature’s binky, the kind you can’t lose in the dark…

(my duaghter couldn’t keep a pacifier in her mouth to save her life [our sanity] the thumb was and remains our friend)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.