Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

11 Likes

12 Likes

Speaking of movies…

The future is weird.

11 Likes

I don’t know if anyone caught it, but at the end of SNL this past week, Aidy Bryant was wearing that union’s shirt in support during the closing credits…

Here’s hoping they get the concessions they want and need, and don’t have to end up striking!

17 Likes

Rom-com? Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

A Roscosmos Rom-com-smos

8 Likes

Maybe repeated hits in the wallet will lead to some changes…

15 Likes

How does Dick’s Drive-In pay workers $19 an hour with a menu completely under $5?

But, but, but - I was told this was unpossible.

22 Likes

re Dick’s Drive-In FTA: "A business, first step, is it has to make a profit. "

Notice that the wise old grandad didn’t say: “first step is lose a ton of venture capital money on predatory pricing to put your competition out of business so that you can juice the books for an IPO that leaves you and the VC’s millions ahead”.

He said “a profit”, and the advice went on to suggest that the business actually serve a commercial need.

Revolutionary stuff, that… /s

17 Likes

Another key point is a reasonable profit margin ratio, instead of increasing every year regardless of expenses.

14 Likes
21 Likes
17 Likes

Good! We’ve lately observed more than a few people at 24hrfitness flagrantly walking around with their masks dangling around their chins and in a few cases wearing no masks.

14 Likes

A small victory, perhaps, but I’ll take it.

13 Likes
20 Likes
14 Likes

At the risk of bringing down the tone of the thread…

Virginia Beach police issued a statement [Sept. 29] calling the neighbor’s behavior “appalling and offensive.” But despite multiple nuisance and loud music complaints, the department “has had no authority to intervene and warrants were not supported.”

In the same statement, police said the magistrate office and city attorney concluded the neighbor’s actions don’t “rise to a level that Virginia law defines as criminal behavior.” The city attorney’s office pointed The Pilot to a city ordinance which states officials cannot intervene if doing so might violate their First Amendment rights

Nancy Eleftheratos, a homeowner on Jessamine Court, said she expected the department’s response after a police officer came to talk with Martinez and herself last week. The officer told both women it was “protected speech,” Eleftheratos said.

Apparently not a single one of the racist shitbrains in charge thinks that this constitutes harassment, which, um… is illegal?

Oh wait, harassment and noise complaints are only valid against Black people. White people always get a pass. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes
13 Likes

I was looking at property once around Chesapeake Beach and found a sweet piece of land with a view of the bay. One problem, 3 battle flags flying on the street. Pass.

Getting rid of these monuments to losers It’s a good start.

14 Likes
16 Likes