Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Same with my Brooklyn grandparents. They raised poultry, rabbits, and a pig in their South Williamsburg backyard. On their rooftop was a pigeon coop; squab, anyone?

3 Likes

This is very good news. Per Wunderground, only 25% max chance of precipitation in my Santa Clarita stomping grounds over the next 10 days, but unusual mid to high humidity is expected through the same period – also very good. So tired of wildfire news!

5 Likes

The trick to the free market approach is that if you agree with a policy on it’s face you argue it’s the free market at work, but if you disagree with a policy then you start talking about “unintended consequences”. You see, tons of people are going to become meth addicts just to get the payout!

Ontario has always been a world leader in renewable energy, but basically Ontario is just blessed with massive hydro-electric potential. (For the non-Ontarians, we have so much hydroelectrical power generation that our provincial power company is called “Ontario Hydro” and people refer to their electricity bill as their “hydro bill”)

It is good, but sadly it’s not a model that other jurisdictions can usually emulate.

9 Likes

Without all the naming stuff, we have the same in the PNW. The electricity is cheap, but the hidden cost is in dead salmon.

8 Likes

23 Likes

Great news!

I wonder what the penalty is for “forgetting” to turn a body cam on.

10 Likes

Here’s a great lesson from Dan Bergmann:

10 Likes

Cops: “What’s a
 pen
ul
tee?”

3 Likes

*I should have read the rest of the comments.

2 Likes
12 Likes

This earwyrm makes me happy:

7 Likes
16 Likes

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

6 Likes

One step closer to pay day loan operations.

5 Likes

Ideally without the 824% interest rates.

11 Likes

Yes, which seems to be the main reason for optimism about this program.

9 Likes

Why did this take so long?

16 Likes

Rent control would also make home ownership more affordable.

16 Likes
16 Likes

A direct link to his page:

https://marcusforgeorgia.com/

10 Likes