Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Season 2 Idea GIF by Portlandia

13 Likes

Just saw this Lunar New Year and Black History Month thread: :tiger: :people_holding_hands:t4:

17 Likes
15 Likes
15 Likes

Arizona Republican House Speaker quashes bill that would have allowed legislature to overturn election results

22 Likes

Good quashin there, Rusty!

15 Likes
16 Likes

Interesting but per the article

ā€œThis test is painless, and although they will still need to undergo the same cleansing preparation beforehandā€

It wasnā€™t the procedure itself that bothered me, it was the cleansing. Yucky stuff to drink, hours on the toilet, a sore bum, etc.

16 Likes

Exactly this! Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who hates the prep but is fine with the procedure. Iā€™m due for my fourth one this year and I have an extremely difficult time drinking that stuffā€¦makes me want to vomit.:nauseated_face:

15 Likes

So many! I wish you didnā€™t have to :sob: Iā€™ve only had to do it the once so far, not old enough for the routine ones (yet).
The weird drink stuff made me want to vomit too. I found that making it as cold as possible, without forming ice crystals, helped. Then Iā€™d shoot the doses and rinse my mouth.

I get that the anesthesia and medical procedure part are scary for a lot of people, and I do hope this helps them.

13 Likes

For the record, there have been some major advancements on the olā€™ GoLightly. The prep now is a LOT easier!

13 Likes

Apparently, you can make the prep drink into Jello shots. Yes yes I know ā€œno foodā€ however Martin Short and Steve Martin may be on the right trackā€¦

12 Likes

13 Likes

Not much, but itā€™s better than nothing:

15 Likes

I remember that they said that the last time, so Iā€™m not holding my breath :wink:

The last time was extra miserable because I had to wake up twice in the middle of the night to prep. I was like, just let me do it the day before and let me be hungry for 24 hours prior to the procedure. I think Iā€™m going to schedule it later in the day. Sigh.

13 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m gonna wait until the pill is tiny, not just the camera! I canā€™t even swallow a caplet. :grimacing:

10 Likes

Itā€™s like those French have a different word for everything. God Steve Martin is funny.

8 Likes

Jello is one of the things you can have thoughā€¦ at least thatā€™s what they told me.

The taste of the prep wasnā€™t great, but having to drink so much in a one hr period was what bothered my stomachā€¦

7 Likes
22 Likes

Swiped!

3 Likes