Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

There is no thread highlighting my regions accents/ dialects yet and I only have one thing to say about that.

8 Likes

Aye.

jon snow animation GIF by Aishwarya Sadasivan

7 Likes

Unless it’s just bullshit posturing. Then it goes to Fuck Today.

14 Likes

This is a great start:

As someone who was in that boat, I know that there were plenty of colleges I was interested in but didn’t bother applying to because: 1. The application fee was $50 - 75 at that time, while my minimum wage job paid about $5/hr, and 2. Even if I got in, I had no idea if I’d be able to afford it, so it seemed like a waste of time and money.

If I’d known I could go if I got in, I at least would’ve applied. Go U of M!

17 Likes
16 Likes
18 Likes
15 Likes
16 Likes

Nice!

Even if “unethically procured” is the most weaselly euphemism I’ve heard yet for “stolen.”

9 Likes

I think technically because of the laws at the time, they weren’t ‘illegally’ gotten, so ‘unethical’ is the better term.

Just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you should.

9 Likes

The article says “looted or unethically procured”, which should cover outright theft as well as more grey-area provenance.

7 Likes
6 Likes

What I’m so far encouraged by is this: The GOP hasn’t (yet) claimed that votes were stolen and that their candidate actually won.

9 Likes

Good news indeed, except that i wish shed qualified her condemnation of radicalism by welcoming at least some of it from the left.

Which reminds me, remember “The Squad”? Yeah, they were cool. Haven’t heard anything about or from them for ages…

10 Likes

It’s almost like there’s some sort of media bias at play. They’re certainly not silent on social media, but they somehow don’t make headlines. It makes you wonder, eh?

10 Likes

I guess the novelty has worn off? :confused:

Not that corporate media gave much air time anyway to what they actually have to say.

11 Likes
19 Likes

Even now, with abortion access so restricted in so many U.S. states, it’s great that this alternative form of abortion is so readily available.

13 Likes
21 Likes

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

10 Likes