Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

13 Likes

The kids are alright:

“I used to hate my curls. I spent mornings and nights embarrassed of them, trying desperately to straighten this part of who I am, but the daily damage of trying to fix myself became too much to endure,” he said.

23 Likes
14 Likes
14 Likes

17 Likes

Or a minority Christian sect like Quakerism.

7 Likes

Nothing we ought not to have already known, but a nice review.

7 Likes
14 Likes
15 Likes

Air based protein?

Swedish-language daily Hufvudsbladet(siirryt toiseen palveluun) ran a piece covering a Finnish start-up that says it can make a protein-rich food using only carbon dioxide, hydrogen, and a microbe, claiming it is “protein from air.”

Solar Foods has claimed its innovation will separate food production from agriculture and means that food can be produced in the most remote environments— the desert, the Arctic and even in space.

Using bioreactors, the microbe grows and divides, forming a cloudy mass. This is then dried into a powder that has a protein content of 65 percent with the rest being carbohydrates, fats, and minerals.

After receiving a total investment of 35 million euros, Solar Foods also announced on Tuesday that it was granted a 15 million euros loan from Danske Bank Growth. Solar Foods has planned to construct a factory in Vantaa and this is the final piece of the puzzle, the company’s CEO and co-founder Pasi Vainikka told HBL.

The firm is planning to take its product to market within the next two years, and is still awaiting EU approval which it applied for in October 2021.

11 Likes

People who take part in insurrections against the US government can be barred from office, an appeals court said on Tuesday, reversing a ruling in favor of Madison Cawthorn, an extremist Republican politician from North Carolina.

Hailing a “major victory”, Free Speech For People, the group which brought the case, said: “This ruling cements the growing judicial consensus that the 1872 Amnesty Act does not shield the insurrectionists of 6 January 2021 – including Donald Trump – from the consequences of their actions.”

14 Likes

I know everyone says “Fuck Cancer”, but “Fuck Side Effects From Cancer Treatments” is also correct.

22 Likes

And then some.

14 Likes
9 Likes

Those who know the I’ll effects of :salt: rejoice!

6 Likes
15 Likes

Kitty Klaws Kerfuffle Klear-up Kountenenced by Kourt

7 Likes

Between this and the news that he hoped Pence would be hanged – not to mention oh, 40 or 50 other criminal acts – how the fuck is this asshole still in the running for the 2024 GOP nomination?

Meh, that’s a rhetorical question, by way of venting about still having to hear about Tromp.

13 Likes
12 Likes

That’s only good news if it’s coupled with banning of letting cats run free outside. Cats with claws mean they can climb wooden fences and easily catch birds. Last time I checked, cat’s don’t consult the Endagered Species Act before killing birds…

8 Likes