Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

I’d feel bad for said public defender, tho…

13 Likes

The headline cuts off, but it says that he was voted out of office.

When judges make the news, it’s usually not for anything good. And people tend to remember that kind of shit.

15 Likes

Now a better thing to do with all those packing material ‘peanuts’ that stick to your clothes:

13 Likes
15 Likes

Hospitals across the country are hurting. This is gold.

Dr. Iman Abuzeid takes us inside her $1B startup focused on combating the national nursing shortage, and her journey as a woman of color in the entrepreneur space

13 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes
27 Likes

Happy My Heart GIF

13 Likes

That’s my friend Amanda’s shop! In my home town. She’s great

24 Likes

Please convey my thanks, next time you’re in.

I love it when each of us pitches in, and when we have places to pitch in that make a difference.

22 Likes

Your friend seems awesome! What a great idea!

21 Likes

My wife and I visited St. Marie Among the Hurons yesterday, sans sprogs, on what turned out to be a fairly quiet day. The site is working really hard to keep itself current, revisiting and refreshing the portrayal of what is inherently difficult history.

We had great chats with the staff, who gleefully “geeked out” on everything from translations of Jesuit historical reports, to the chemistry of building reconstruction, dubious decisions in archeology, advances in the understanding of the site, making leather goods, tanning processes and (my personal favourite) birch bark canoes. We learned tons of stuff. Chi miigwech and merci to the staff!

I’ve heard that paddling a birch bark canoe is an amazing experience. This exquisite piece of work, almost done, is by one of the managers (who turned out to be family of an old paddling friend of mine).

17 Likes

There is still the issue of license plates in the northern part of Kosovo (where lots of Serbs live) to be dealt with, but here’s one thing that’s gotten worked out.

13 Likes

He wouldn’t stoop so low as to accept a public defender! He’s so sure he’s right he’s just going to represent himself! And hopefully annoy judges (whom I’ve heard give some amount of extra leeway to pro se defendants) to the point where they slap him with contempt of court charges and have the bailiffs drag him from the courtroom mid-tantrum.

9 Likes
24 Likes

I’m all in for the gritty John Wick/Wedding Crashers sequel.

19 Likes
10 Likes
17 Likes

Christopher Walken Reaction GIF

16 Likes