Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

WXYZ’s Glenda Lewis asked, “What do you think about this blight to beauty effort?"

"I think it’s good. More trees shade for activities in the park. It’ll be nice. It’ll take some of the sun away,” said Spencer.

Mayor Mike Duggan and Sen. Debbie Stabenow launched the effort with DTE Energy and other partners to plant 75,000 trees, create 300 jobs and secure $30 million in investment in Detroit neighborhoods. …

12 Likes

22 Likes

Now let’s start working on getting him to cough up the money. Holding upside-down and shaking is optional.

16 Likes

paging @Mindysan33

16 Likes

I bet they could use a talented historian on staff! Or even just as a consultant? :+1:

13 Likes

Stephen Colbert Adult Humor GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Or did you mis-type? You meant ‘mandatory’, right?

10 Likes

Well, this seems spot on! From the article, a quote by Fat Mike:

“If you’re a punk band, you’re fucking in,” he says. “It’s that simple.”

Great news, though. I should make a trip out there at some point once it opens and check it out.

The website is pretty sparse right now. I wonder if they’ll have an archive, too?

16 Likes

This thread is… wow.
And not at all what I imagined.
Please enjoy, compañeros y compañeras.

18 Likes

Wow. I knew that about Lansbury, but not Fall and Klugman. Just. . . Wow

14 Likes

Need a crane.

Not one of these:

6 Likes
12 Likes

Funny parent.

18 Likes

That kid is going to grow up to discover the world is nowhere near as magical a place as their dad made them believe!

13 Likes

Glad to see this project is moving forward!

14 Likes

Some bartender dad who has been staying home with the baby was bored! :smile:

Or maybe he’ll just seek all the magical things in life?

18 Likes
15 Likes

Today, Japan’s consumer protection agency ordered Amway Japan to stop taking on new customers or concluding new contracts for a period of six months after finding the company to be in violation of Japanese commercial transaction law. Violations cited include failing to disclose the name and nature of the company when signing people up and trying to lure people in under the guise of online dating, etc.

13 Likes

What’s not to like?

6 Likes

No ice cream?

5 Likes
19 Likes