Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

15 Likes
13 Likes

This is awesome! Flip it blue, people!

15 Likes

I voted!
Since weā€™ve been talking some about ranked choice voting on these threads, I snapped a pic of the ballot in case anyoneā€™s interested.
I know itā€™s due to alphabetical listing, but I just love that Trump gets listed last.

18 Likes
18 Likes

Here in Harris county there are ~4 million people, which was a lot for a single ballot box. Thankfully what is in the countyā€™s control has been really good. A lot of new polling places were added this year, and the Thursday before election day there will 7 places with 24 hour voting. I hope its enough to flip Texas :crossed_fingers:

17 Likes

That county is something like 70% bigger than rhode island. It has more residents than 24 states. With traffic, which I expext is still terrible. it could easily take a voter over an hour driving to get to the single ballot box. A single box is ridiculous. While Iā€™m glad the court recognized the bullshit the governor was spewing, Iā€™m afraid some damage has alredy been done.

ETA Travis county is also upping the polling places and is in good shape for poll workers. Flip Texas!

13 Likes
18 Likes

The current population estimate for Harris County is up to 4.8 million, which is more people than 50% of U.S. states

I canā€™t say anything about Houston traffic that wouldnā€™t be thread inappropriate

ETA:

The last poll that came out has Harrison even with Graham (48% each). It would be huge to kick Lindsey to the curb

14 Likes

Now thatā€™s Graham crying jag Iā€™d enjoy seeing.

10 Likes

I wonder what happens to that percentage after accounting for various forms of Republican suppression of the vote in Dem-leaning areas (not to mention gerrymandered districts and such).

4 Likes
10 Likes

That was amazing.
Not quite as hilarious, but I just stumbled upon this from a few years back. Itā€™s not in the US, but I like to imagine the gentlemanā€™s red cap is a MAGA hat.

1 Like

This was a prank pulled on an anchor in Springfield, Mo.

The on-air talent there makes Ron Burgundy look like a professor.

4 Likes

Zuckerbergā€¦ seeing the Blue Wave out of the corners of his eyes.

10 Likes

Let me guess. People who are stupid enough to actually be convinced by holocaust denial are easily parted with their money and people who are lost enough in life to seek identity through white supremacy are ALSO easy to part with their money and ā€¦ wellā€¦ who cares about the consequences thereā€™s a lot of money to be made right Zuck?

6 Likes

Hidden Camera, Hugging Tiger

11 Likes
8 Likes

:sparkling_heart:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/election/article/harris-county-voter-turnout-long-lines-day-2-15647689.php

:sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

I needed that! Thank you!

7 Likes