Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

An example of what this victory for the Democratic Party, its policies, and ideology means to Americans can be seen viscerally in a TikTok video posted by Amelia Cody. In it, her (86 yo) mother watches as Pennsylvania is finally called for Joe Biden. “I’m so happy,” she weeps, and when asked why she explains that “We get to keep our Social Security and our Medicare, Amy. Thank you, sweet Jesus.” This isn’t about some existential bogus threat that the Democratic Party is going to come and steal your guns, or not allow you to have a Christmas tree in your living room. It’s about Republican policy, going back well before Donald Trump came into power, that wants to raid Social Security and Medicare in order to filter more and more money to the party’s wealthiest overlords.

She also sings a sweet song about how “happy days are here again.”

Enjoy.

14 Likes
13 Likes
14 Likes

Unfortunately that’s likely because after the Rona we stopped going places

3 Likes
16 Likes

We’ll see.

13 Likes

Thank you Ireland, for this.

ETA: better link, better context at second link

10 Likes
18 Likes

The 1970’s Sensation is Back!

5 Likes
16 Likes

Forget that cranking PITA, I want SSP Racers to come back.

8 Likes

I had the SSPs when I was a kid, and wished I had the Evel Knievel as well.

Of course, that was also when BMX became a thing. Every kid on the block was jumping their Sting-Ray off improvised ramps. How I managed not to hurt myself I’ll never know.

5 Likes

This one’s for you, @Melizmatic.

21 Likes

Zinn; good stuff.

Put even more simply:

I choose to LIVE.

20 Likes

24 Likes

Colbert (of course, cause LOTR) showed this meme in his interview with her earlier in the week…

13 Likes

And someone was watching.

16 Likes

Good on her!

11 Likes
15 Likes

Steamrolling bigotry via more queers in office!? love to see it!

11 Likes