Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

You are right… As the Twitter doesn´t allow editing posts, I think the author decided to keep it anyway.

Unless it was something like this:

It was one of my favorite cartoons.

2 Likes

I am amazed how the dogs ended up being more human than us humans.

13 Likes

Thanks, I just signed up for a few shifts. :heart:

5 Likes

At least Clover wasn’t an ass about it:

14 Likes
5 Likes
12 Likes

It’s nice music. I like it.

Just a few minutes long.

(from the Youtube posting:)

Music printed on the butt of one of the tortured souls in the 15th Century Hieronymus Bosch painting “The Garden of Earthly Delights” , Played on (What else?) Lute, Harp, and Hurdy-Gurdy by James Spalink. The melody is based on the transcription by Amelia Hamrick.

9 Likes

Nail the f----r!!!

9 Likes

Cool! I did a science fair project in HS where I watered seedlings with water, water mixed with caffeine, or water mixed with sleeping pills. Similar results to what they found re:coffee grounds.
The coffee ground are supposed to help with slugs, too. I’ve had to look it up for some of our plants transferred indoors that brought some slugs with them.

9 Likes

Coffee grounds added to soil are how you get really fat, juicy night-crawlers to put on your fishing line, so it seems that not all creepy-crawly garden creatures react the same.

12 Likes

Fluglehorn?

sarcastic well done GIF by CBC

4 Likes

Spent coffee grounds are great. Fresh unused coffee, or sprayed coffee, can be used to kill insects. Caffeine is a neurotoxin

I don’t know if unused coffee has bad effects on other kinds of crawlers.

5 Likes

I don’t know anything about stocks and shares but Deliveroo landing in its arse because traders think they are going to be made pay for their lack of workers" rights is a good thing.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Just stop using it for any purposes beyond what can be hand cut by locals. That is what the bog can regenerate itself.

There’s no excuse in the 21st century, we know what an important source of biodiversity it is as well as a carbon sink and also how commercial peat harvesting destroys archeology.

12 Likes
16 Likes
10 Likes

Well, in coffee, it’s pretty tasty w cream and sugar. Or plain coffee, if it’s the good stuff.

Sigh

Pros:
Adds nitrogen.
Acidifies soil (roses, blueberries, raspberries, rhododendrons, azaleas love it).
My worms in their wormeries love it.

Cons:
Oily, can interfere with water penetration to soil and roots, sometimes makes my compost pile dry out if there’s a big lump of spent grounds shedding water like a tin roof every time I try to re-water the pile to dampen it. Where I live, it’s very dry, even in winter.

And I have watched the success of a neighbor who puts a big 5-gallon bucket of it (courtesy of local coffee shops) to smother fire ant mounds. It works. Then just rake the whole thing together, dig it in, and voila! a nice planting hole!

11 Likes
15 Likes
8 Likes