Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Dolly Parton is, to use a highly technical term, a good person.

17 Likes

She’s on the very short list of GOATs.

14 Likes

C’mon, all you other ‘big’ cities!

15 Likes

Fingers crossed for the Bay Area to be next…

10 Likes
14 Likes

To balance out the MTG crazy. Alabama will be the first state to implement this.

6 Likes

The only thing that can stop a bad butterfly’s flap is a good butterfly’s flap.

5 Likes

Oooh, nice!

The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom was a parasitic growth attached to the State Dept during the Clinton administration.

The nine members are appointed by the President, President pro tempore of the United States Senate and the Speaker of the House. Republicans always load it up with Evangelicals as a reward for their support and people like John Bolton.

Burn!

And this:

Through hard work and a few breaks, she got to where she did, but think of all the brilliant people who, for racist, sexist or economic reasons, never got that far. What a waste of potential!

9 Likes
17 Likes

How many parents are filling out job applications for their kids right now?

15 Likes

Damn, I wish I could have done that when I was going to school.

8 Likes
10 Likes

IKR I’d tolerate red walls all day for free tuition!

Might go blind in the process.

5 Likes

'disproportionate level of investment’

That’s the venture capitalist disruption bro term for not running out with someone else having to pay your bill isn’t it?

9 Likes

I took the “community college then transfer” route, but still wound up with 20k of debt to pay off, which has been a real struggle over the years, since I haven’t followed the traditional avenues to employment.

I sure hope this administration is still looking into school loan debt forgiveness like they mentioned pre-election.

9 Likes

Good news on the “don’t go blind” front:

7 Likes

You can have my proboscis when you pull it from my cold, dead haustellum.

1 Like

I Got Your Back GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

7 Likes

I think they were nervous about the period of undercutting the competition to drive them under and get market capture, after which they’d jack the prices to maximize profit.

2 Likes

6 Likes