Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

31 Likes

This scalper going through a rough time just like PS5 buyers who tried to get one at a normal price in 2021-2022

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/10nozyf/this_guy_trying_to_return_multiple_ps5s/

From the original poster

Manager came out and told him he couldnt return them because he had already tried at other stores and they sent out a message to watch out for him .

23 Likes

'Cause what you see you might not get
And we can bet, so donā€™t you get souped yet
Youā€™re scheming on a thing thatā€™s a mirage
Iā€™m trying to tell you now, itā€™s arbitrage!

beastie boys sabotage GIF

10 Likes

Now he can just go and enjoy the high life:

9 Likes

Itā€™s going to be crazy in Philly tonight!

9 Likes

It was going to be crazy regardless of the outcome.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s your little joke about how the phones were smuggled in, isnā€™t it.

7 Likes

If all goes according to plan, it will be the second human illness to be eradicated after smallpox, and the first to be eradicated without a vaccine or a cure.

Fortunately those areas donā€™t yet suffer the plague of widespread social media, or thereā€™d be groups bleating about freedoms to drink raw water.

Itā€™ll need a few years of no cases to be sure the cycle is broken and that itā€™s gone for good.

29 Likes

Thanks President Carter. Keep up the good work.

22 Likes

Alimentary, my dear @FGD135

11 Likes
17 Likes

This is good news, right? :slightly_smiling_face: A fix for an annoying, mysterious problem that nibbles at the edges of our livesā€¦

ā€œA lot of companies use PET tape,ā€ said Metzger. ā€œThatā€™s why it was a quite important discovery, this realization that this tape is actually not inert.ā€

The PET tape holds the battery together, but reacts with the electrolyte and forms a conducting substance. Swap it out with polypropylene and the problem goes away.

20 Likes

non-paywalled: archive.ph

15 Likes

The Pebble Mine just needs to die already. The maximum gold extraction value is less than one yearā€™s worth of value of commercial, tribal, and recreational fishing in Bristol Bay, the watershed it threatens.

This is a classic lose-lose proposition, politically. If the mine goes through, all the hippy-dippy environmentalists hate you, but thereā€™s no ā€œowning-the-libsā€ upside because the commerical fishers and recreational fishers hate you, too. Then add the resentment of Alaskan Natives to the mix.

And thereā€™s no real upside with the owner, either; the mining company is Canadian and canā€™t legally make campaign contributions to US politicians.

14 Likes

Agreed.

8 Likes

I really have to applaud the work of everyone whoā€™s put time towards stopping this mine. The sheer number of people in the fishing industry alone whoā€™ve advocated hard against this is impressive. Itā€™s amazing how much can be achieved when people (even across a wide range of user groups like is this instance) have a common goal.

14 Likes

This is the main point we all need to embraceā€¦ that collective action can make positive change.

14 Likes

The commercial fishing - recreational fishing collaboration is a model that started with a lot of friction but has ultimately worked very well from Florida to Massachusetts Bay and from San Diego to Alaska.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about stuff like this a lot lately. This collaborative approach needs to be the main one going forward for things like this, I think. There are too many stakeholders these days to focus solely on the commercial folks. Thereā€™s a lot of tension around here among the recreational anglers because they feel completely unimportant and ignored on all fronts.

9 Likes
14 Likes