Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

10 Likes

Do corporations next!

12 Likes

Yes, your honor, I put that envelope under that garbage.

6 Likes
9 Likes

TBH, it sounds like the attack on the pipe organ is a little gentle, but the fit is one that I think is a natural. I mean, J. S. Bach played on electric guitar ought to be a clue.

This mix of metal and pipe organ has been explored by an Italian musician as well.

11 Likes

Churches close regularly – around 25 a year, according to the Church of England – and the magnificent instruments they contain are often scrapped.

James Ransone Sacrilege GIF by The Roku Channel

I’m not even a musician, and I really hate to see beautiful instruments be destroyed.

10 Likes

:clinking_glasses:

10 Likes
8 Likes

I don’t know of a thread for “idiots,” so this one is a “good, he got rescued.”

Still, you leave boat ramp in a small john boat with no life vest and no signalling device (at a minimum) or an EPIRB, water, basic clothing, etc etc . . . .? You’re lucky to be alive, and lucky nobody was hurt looking for you.

8 Likes

Agreed. It’s also weird that he was swept out to sea. That boat ramp is 2 miles from St. Augustine Inlet. Conditions woukd have had to have changed very quickly if he couldn’t find a place to safely pull up to the beach before ending up in the ocean.

“He was scared to death,” Raymond said. “He said he’s had more conversations with God in that 30 hours than he’s had his whole life.”

God: “So…are you poopin’?”

7 Likes

More like…

Way To Go Dumbass GIF

6 Likes

The details of his adventure indicate that his “15 minutes of looking at the idiot, ha ha” fame were likely worth it to him. When super idiots become super happy, who really wins?

2 Likes

michael fassbender submission GIF

7 Likes
10 Likes
13 Likes
12 Likes

I watched this series earlier this year, when it came out, and got a lot out of this overview hosted by

Chuck D
will.i.am
Sister Souljah
Ice-T
Warren G
Dead Prez
Public Enemy

I just bing-watched the four episodes again last week. It’s still good history.

Each episode gives this heads up: “The following contains mature content. Viewer discretion is advised.” So… yeah: pretty much everything that has part of the hip hop world for 50 years is discussed, including racial epithets, misogyny, NSFW language, etc.

Sisters get their airtime and get their due.

9 Likes

this is good

5 Likes
11 Likes

This is why I was glad to see Ladies First on Netflix, too:

13 Likes