Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

… “Register to vote in less than 2 minutes at vote.org/nvrd,” the 12-time Grammy winner — who has more than 272 million Instagram followers, concluded her message.

This is far from the first time the “Cruel Summer” singer has reminded her fans of the importance of performing their civic duties. She has partnered with Vote.org — a non-partisan, non-profit organization voting registration platform — to encourage people to cast their ballots.

Swift recently urged fans in Nashville to hit the polls in July, letting her followers on social media know that she had already voted in the local election, noting on Instagram, “We have the opportunity to choose those who will represent us for the next four years.” …

7 Likes

Along with the valid concerns of “ethics and consent”, the Brothers Quay documentary, Through the Weeping Glass: On the Consolations of Life Everlasting (Limbos & Afterbreezes in the Mütter Museum) pretty much covers cases of what could be described as morbidly tragic and just plain bizarre. Watching it, I was left with many questions, including… why.

2 Likes

7 Likes

So it’s not just a screenshot of a tweet:

And archive.org link: https://web.archive.org/web/20230921041535/https://www.mediaite.com/news/new-project-veritas-suspends-all-operations-amid-devastating-layoffs-and-fundraising-struggles/

10 Likes

My wager is that O’Keefe’s “monetary indiscretion” was actually full-on embezzlement. :thinking:

5 Likes
10 Likes

Also their “investigations” are largely filed in the fiction section under wishful thinking.

6 Likes

Now the whole organization can be filed under “found out”.

5 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

Such good dogs!

Dogs must think humans are real idiots some days… :thinking:

13 Likes

I decided this is encouraging, so not for the assholes thread.

8 Likes

A truly wonderful story!

She’s a young human, so dogs must love young humans just like we love puppies? :dog2: ftw!

11 Likes

Happy Dr Oz GIF by The Democrats

11 Likes
11 Likes

Already ordered 3 for holiday gifts:

12 Likes

bye-goodbye

And that’s the truth, ppppht!

2 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes