Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

8 Likes

Meanwhile after 38 years

7 Likes
3 Likes

European Court of Human Rights declares backdoored encryption is illegal

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) has ruled that laws requiring crippled encryption and extensive data retention violate the European Convention on Human Rights – a decision that may derail European data surveillance legislation known as Chat Control.

The Court issued a decision on Tuesday stating that “the contested legislation providing for the retention of all internet communications of all users, the security services’ direct access to the data stored without adequate safeguards against abuse and the requirement to decrypt encrypted communications, as applied to end-to-end encrypted communications, cannot be regarded as necessary in a democratic society.”

[…]

10 Likes

First thought on reading this:

(In my mind, also an encouraging thing!)

7 Likes

I’m attempting to learn this song properly on guitar right now, and what a wonderful thing it is!

ETA: I had no idea that video was quite as bizarre as it is. PG always brings it!

2 Likes
13 Likes

Alexander Smirnov was arrested in Las Vegas on Wednesday.

10 Likes
12 Likes

A GF of mine and her daughter would get stoned AF before church. Her daughter came up with a great phrase.

Blazin’ and praisin’!

10 Likes

That could be fun, depending on the preacher/minister/priest…

5 Likes

I’d have to pass. I remember all too vividly being burnt at the stake.

8 Likes

Greece legalises same-sex marriage

19 Likes

Bebe Rexha Its About Damn Time GIF by 2022 MTV Video Music Awards

Considering they have an island named Lesbos.

12 Likes

When the employee rested them on the table where he was working because they’re so heavy, I felt SEEN!

This CEO is doing it right:

9 Likes

Relatedly…

7 Likes

OMG. The guy in the green shirt bouncing down the hallway in slowmo…

3 Likes

Here’s a reminder that it’s Girl Scout cookie season, and if you don’t have a local troop to support, consider buying from Troop 6000: the troop in NYC for homeless girls.

17 Likes

Get Back? Got Back!

It does need some TLC. The neck was cracked from the strings tight and left for decades.

9 Likes

I liked his bass playing on that recent Rolling Stones tune, the one where Mick Jagger expresses regret about mating with a praying mantis.

7 Likes