Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

Man buys stock to talk the ear off of corporate and shareholders about his favorite topic at shareholder meeting :rofl:

10 Likes

Barcelona’s famous Sagrada Familia will finally be completed in 2026

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/25/travel/sagrada-familia-barcelona-completion-scli-intl/index.html

15 Likes

(Yes, I pretty much have a song for everything.)

12 Likes

Good Man GIF by PBS

10 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

I think I am ready to step into a time machine and emerge in Estonia as a high school student, or a middle schooler. NB: the article also mentions universal free school lunches for all students.

WTF America? Where are we U.S.ians headed, where is our future if we are not taking the time and resources to set our kids up for a healthy, educated adulthood?

13 Likes

Kids only need to grow up to work in warehouses or fast food joints or other menial jobs. No need for the population to be happy, educated and creative-that way lies rebellion from the status quo!
/s

3 Likes
15 Likes

Muy fabulosa! Thanks for posting this!

6 Likes

Doesn’t that mean the World will end? Or am I thinking of Cologne cathedral?

8 Likes

I don’t travel much but one day I will go to see this.

6 Likes
15 Likes

Well, thank fuck for that!!!
what-took-you-so-long

11 Likes

I noticed the tower in Ulm was mentioned. James and Mike, our German friends in Jamaica, were from Ulm. We also met a pair of tourists from Ulm. Dieter told us about Ulm’s having the world’s tallest church tower, so mom teased him about living in a tourist trap :smiley: He said it requires constant maintenence due to its age and size: once they finish the work at the top, it’s time to begin work on the bottom again.

Mom said, “Well, we also have one of the world’s largest things in Detroit!” and Dieter’s face fell. His expression was one of, “Oh, great. The yank’s gonna brag, like they always do
”

She said, “We have the world’s largest garbage incinerator!” tophat-biggrin

Dieter was shocked for a sec, and then cracked up.

We were more than happy to dismantle his prejudices re: yanks, and amuse the fuck out of him during the process. We had a lot of fun together once he found out we were intelligent, and that I’d brought such great music. He worked at his family’s 500+ year old hotel, and obviously had too many bad experiences with yankistani tourists.

7 Likes

Are they by any chance related to Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nĂŒrnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?

Anyway, the belltower stands as tall as a fully stacked Saturn V ready to go which is really impressive when you stand next to it, and a handy topographical marker when you’re a way away from it.

9 Likes

It’s also really pretty.

5 Likes

Take that, Billy Joel!!

12 Likes

If you didn’t have to google that (for spelling, if nothing else) then my hat’s off to you!

7 Likes

https://www.ibras.dk/montypython/justthewords.htm

7 Likes