Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

What did I miss? Did Billy Joel say Carter should just die already, or ?

6 Likes
12 Likes

Nothing we didn’t already know, but it’s good to be reminded:

15 Likes

Awesome! Next question:

Eating a lot is okay too, right? Right?

Ice Cream Chocolate GIF

13 Likes

Or

5 Likes

Can you be more specific? There are several Johanns in the Donaustetten branch of the Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nĂŒrnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft family, and at least one in the Grimmelfingen Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nĂŒrnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopfts.

7 Likes
9 Likes

“Sir Paul has expressed his gratitude to Cathy and the family”: Paul McCartney hands six-figure reward to the family that found his iconic Höfner bass in their attic

13 Likes

https://archive.ph/79Z1P

13 Likes

Dragons Den Wow GIF by CBC

10 Likes

Another massive bike trek by Chris Broad and CDawg through Japan to raise money for the Immune Deficiency Foundation starting monday. The previous one raised a half million

4 Likes
10 Likes

Star Trek Yes GIF

That’s really an amazing project!

10 Likes

Very cool! Do you know how the project is going now, four years later?

8 Likes

They’ve kept expanding!

10 Likes

You know, it’s stuff like this that gives me actually hope that humanity can do the work to save itself
 As John Green has argued, it’s individuals working together to make small (or sometimes even big) change in the world, to improve the lives of themselves, someone else, or both. It makes it all seem far less overwhelming, I think and actually does improve the quality of life for people in a measurable way.

8 Likes

There is so much real, actionable, well-studied, hopeful, positive, healthy stuff here.

I am going to listen a second time because Dr. Santos has given me a lot to think about. I’ve cued the video to start at the beginning of her interview.

Dr. Laurie Santos, Yale University’s “Happiness Professor,” joins Offline to lay out a scientific guide to finding happiness. On her podcast The Happiness Lab and in her course Psychology and the Good Life (the most popular in Yale’s 300 year history), Laurie educates people on the way our brains lie about what makes us happy and helps them reorient their priorities to find genuine happiness. She sits down with Jon to talk about the root causes of declining happiness among young people, why in-person interaction is a crucial part of being human, and why putting others before ourselves makes us happier than fulfilling what we think we want.

https://psychology.yale.edu/people/laurie-santos

9 Likes
10 Likes

Some progress on addressing bias in healthcare:

Evans got a new kidney on July 4 and is healthy again, and grateful the policy change came in time for her.

“You don’t know if people would be alive today” if it had been enacted earlier, she said. Still, that extra step of “making amends to fix the situation for those that we can — I feel like it’s very important and it’s very necessary if you’re truly wanting to bring more equity and equality into the medical field.”

13 Likes
16 Likes