6 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

…Like a plastic-horned
devil

6 Likes
13 Likes
9 Likes

One of our cats would find a little Lego block, carry it to the top of the stairs, then bat it down the wood risers a few steps at a time, meowing all the way. She would repeat this a few times before getting bored and moving to the next game. Any small block would do, Lego heads seemed to be the favourite.

This was, of course, always at 2am. :persevere:

11 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes
12 Likes

Okay, now I’d like to see both spokespersons face off on stage.

4 Likes

Trains are the only way to get to NY; if you’re anywhere in the Northeast.

11 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/08/johns-hopkins-bloomberg-donation

Johns Hopkins med school will be free for most after $1 billion donation

Starting this fall, most students at Johns Hopkins’ medical school will attend tuition-free thanks to a $1 billion donation from billionaire Mike Bloomberg.

Driving the news: The generous gift is intended to address “twin challenges of declining levels of health and education,” Bloomberg said in a letter Monday.

The big picture: The donation will cover the full cost of tuition for medical students from families earning less than $300,000, Bloomberg Industries announced Monday.

With billionaire gifts, I’m inclined to count the legs, check for strings attached, but encouraging so far.

(And my preference is for taxing billionaires and funding higher education with public funds.)

19 Likes

Bit late to this party (lots of great songs!) but:

4 Likes

I know it is probably too much to ask, but please, please, please let this be good!

The fifth “Shrek” movie comes in time for the 25th anniversary of the 2001 release of the original fairytale film about the irritable but charming ogre and his cast of friends. “Shrek 2” arrived in 2004, “Shrek the Third” in 2007, and most recently, “Shrek Forever After” in 2010.

25 years?? Oh, god, I am old…

14 Likes

I remember the old galvanized garbage bins, but never really thought about how they just disappeared and then for decades there was no replacement bin, just put your garbage in plastic bags that are easy for rats to get into. Well, enough people got paid, so now, finally, a solution has been found:

13 Likes

If I travel with Porter from Toronto Island Airport to Newark then my trip to NY is almost entirely on public transit.

7 Likes

I saw Puss in Boots: the Last Wish and was kind of shocked how much I enjoyed it, so I think there’s a decent chance. :slight_smile:

8 Likes