Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

We have two galvanized bins in the garage: one to hold the garbage bag before it goes to the curb pickup, and another to keep bird seed in.

I wonder how we’ll get rid of those? Bash them up and stick them at the curb in a contractor bag? :thinking:

4 Likes

List them on freecycle and put them at the curb?

The tin cans are really the only way to keep rodents out of birdseed - that’s a keeper.

11 Likes

22 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes

You mean to say NYC has never had wheelie bins like the rest of the civilized world? (The Guardian article seems to think that they are unknown outside the UK)

Meh.Toronto is so advanced that our green bins will defeat a raccoon 92% of the time.

10 Likes

We keep our old plastic garbage can for yard waste, which saves on paper bags. The galvanized anti-rat bin sounds like a good idea.

In our neighbourhood anything metal left at the curb gets picked up, sometimes in minutes, by scavengers who sell it to scrap metal dealers.

10 Likes

Previously extinct species gradually returning.

Now let’s put out the red carpet, I mean big plantings of native forest, for them.

18 Likes

When this went to the SCOTUS, the press was full of warnings that this could severely restrict the ability of organizations to protest:

:fist:t4:

17 Likes

It sucks he got caught…

I fucking hate that thing…

12 Likes

I hesitated for awhile between :clap: and :sob:

9 Likes

Galvanized trash cans with decent tight-fitting lids are good proof against rodents et al. for sure.

Over the years, I’ve kept pet food, bird seed, and garden soil amendments like bone meal, blood meal, and some of the Espoma products (fantastic, all of them, but loaded with bone meal, blood meal and sometimes desiccated meat/poultry parts like feathers) all of which the rats, mice, raccoons and possums find delicious. I have never see a more determined wild critter than the ones trying to chew their way into a plastic bucket of bone meal.

12 Likes

Dont Be Late Lets Go GIF by The Democrats

8 Likes

If he’d been able to pull that off, he’d be a fucking folk hero… I’d learn how to do something like metal sculpture just to build a statue to him!

8 Likes

Weld like a girl!

11 Likes

But wear goggles like a man.

6 Likes

Argh! I looked at that pic and was quickly asking “why aren’t your goggles down? why did you pick short gloves? why isn’t your hair tied back? and face covered? pushed those sleeves farther down! where is your apron?”

I mean, I get it about art and composition but…

(source)

… I am pretty sure that the artist who created this image has spent zero time actually welding or being in the company of a welder. Gaaaaaahhhhh!

ETA:

18 Likes

“This picture doesn’t look anything like a welder!”
“Why, because she’s too pretty?”
“No. What? No! Because she’s going to end up covered in third degree burns, flash-fried retinas, and her head on fire if she welds like that.”

13 Likes

Heck, the movie Flashdance did a better job with a female welder. People with long hair not keeping it tied up when working around food or power tools is just really annoying.

8 Likes
6 Likes