Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Better yet, repeal the law that requires it in the first place. Fix the root cause.

18 Likes

joey bosa tech GIF

13 Likes
22 Likes
14 Likes

The solar panel canopy above the parking lot of the commuter rail station I live near does have some gaps, but if it’s raining ideally you’d have an umbrella that you could use under the canopy (which is about 15-20 feet above the ground) when crossing those narrow gaps.

4 Likes

It’s got a beehive.

15 Likes

Well, of course it does!

14 Likes

Personally, I like it

24 Likes

I love this post
World Heritage Post™

19 Likes

A little late - still - Happy Birthday!

19 Likes

In news that will confuse the hell out of anti-vax cops

13 Likes

Bad idea. Fentanyl is used (properly) for all kinds of medical procedures. When used for its intended purpose, it is a miracle drug. You know how you don’t hear about patients waking up during surgery, screaming in pain anymore? Fentanyl is why.

20 Likes

12 Republican Senators finally saw the writing on the wall and voted to advance this bill.

Considering that it wasn’t all that long ago when every single Republican and most Democrats in the Senate voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act this is real, tangible progress and we won’t need to worry as much about a future Supreme Court overturning the Obergefell decision.

17 Likes

Oh! My better half mentioned this the other day… he’s a huge fan! What a wonderful musician!

12 Likes

Let’s not get TOO excited about this bill… it does have some problems.

13 Likes

I was not sure where to post this, but it’s mostly good, so…

I used to follow https://reallifecomics.com way back in the late 90’s/early00’s.

I only revisited a couple of weeks ago because of a post on here and now reallife has put me on to “For All Mankind”. Excellent TV.

And, more importantly, Mae has done an exceptional job of illustrating her transition. I had not visited reallife for a decade or more. I used to enjoy it for the simplistic ‘slice-of-life’ comedy, but it has become so much more now.

A friend of mine transitioned in the 90’s. I feel I understand her better now.
Thanks, Maeve.

6 Likes

Guess I’ll have to look deeper into that but the only one that the article explicitly mentions is that it allows the Mormon church to prohibit gay marriages from being performed within their churches, which isn’t too surprising to me. If the bill had forced religions to perform marriages that conflicted with their beliefs it would probably get struck down as unconstitutional anyway.

3 Likes

I think my mom had that with her pancreatic cancer pain management.

Edit - yes - it was a patch.

9 Likes
11 Likes

It only prohibits states from not recognizing same sex or interracial marriages from other states, but doesn’t say that they can’t ban them in their own state. So, basically, it’s NOT banning discrimination at all, just saying that documents from other states must be recognized. They should just explicit legalize same sex and interracial marriages, full stop. I don’t know why that’s so hard, but apparently, the right of bigots to be bigots trumps the welfare of the rest of us heathens.

14 Likes