Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Was just coming to post that… Here is Jezebel’s take!

14 Likes

So good to feel again like that might actually happen!

8 Likes

This gal is awesome, Have seen her before in another routine that struck me as wonderful. She will be a few gold medals for the US in the Olympics someday.

5 Likes
11 Likes

There is a much deep history of labor unions in the American south than people realize. I don’t find it that surprising…

https://www.pbs.org/pov/watch/uprisingof34/

14 Likes

18 Likes

The Penguins will likely be OK

5 Likes
15 Likes

Wrong thread? How is another manifestation of global warming an example of good or encouraging news?

3 Likes

Screengrab from CNN just now.

I know CNN is happy to see Fox flounder, so this isn’t an especially objective presentation, but still, it’s good to see.

12 Likes

This feels encouraging:

A Wildly Relatable Animation About Existential Dread Reminds Us to Enjoy the Moment

Did you read the article?

No. The head and subhead suggest it’s not “good” news. I for one appreciate a bit of explanation in such a case, and in such a context (that is, the thread it’s being posted in), from the person here who suggests it. “The Penguins will likely be OK” doesnt help me in that regard.

2 Likes

Evidently this iceberg was so large that there was a danger that it would crush a large eco-system with seals and penguins. That danger has passed.

4 Likes

“Dat boig got nuttin’ on us!” [Tony… down the block from Joey’s place]

1 Like

Thanks. I can see now how that is a bit of good news.

3 Likes
10 Likes

As an ecology nerd, water quality fan, land restoration devotee, I find a lot to love here:

and as long as I am on the subject of rewilding, I love this mission these boys have clearly been seized by:

:heavy_heart_exclamation:

ETA: grammar :roll_eyes:

10 Likes
13 Likes
14 Likes