Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

12 Likes

It turns out that politicians can work across the aisle to take a bipartisan stand against insurrection. The US Congress should take note.

Nearman himself was the only vote against.

21 Likes

Boom Bam Son GIF by NETFLIX

14 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

8 Likes
16 Likes
18 Likes

Fingers crossed that effort will have some teeth!

Nervous Winter Olympics GIF by Team USA

13 Likes

I’m hoping that — at least — the DOJ can ram through enough filings to get injunctions on all of the anti-voter laws.

11 Likes
18 Likes

I would really love going home to see mom in Wichita by train if this works out. Newton’s only 30 miles from her house, but her husband’s workplace is right by the old passenger train depot.

14 Likes

Wouldn’t that be great? We’ve been working on restoring passenger rail to our area for years and it finally feels like it might happen. It would connect us to…well, all the rest of the places you can get via rail. I am so, so hopeful. :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/12/middleeast/israel-knesset-vote-netanyahu-bennett-intl/index.html

last weekend as Israel’s PM

Yes please?

20 Likes

Raising awareness of the CROWN Act with a great new music video:

13 Likes

Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask

14 Likes

Here a non-pay walled version:

Much as I wish the punishment was for acting like a COVID-iot, he beat the crap our of the other guy, who says he almost lost his eye! Could’ve taken a plea deal and gotten 2 years probation but he pushed it. Guess he fucked around and found out.
And, allegedly, nothing of value was lost…

16 Likes

I’m waiting for the outcome of this case, where two adults assaulted and severely injured a minor working at a theme park:

14 Likes

Wow. The details of the story are remarkably F’ed up.

11 Likes
16 Likes

People are realizing that love is love.

15 Likes

The Marshall Project, AL.com, IndyStar and Invisible Institute have been awarded a Pulitzer Prize in National Reporting for their year-long, far-reaching investigation into the life-altering injuries caused by police dog bites.

Police dogs bite thousands of people every year in the United States, leading to devastating injuries — and sometimes death. Gruesome bites often receive local attention and lead to lawsuits, but no one was putting the pieces together on a national scale until our series, “Mauled: When Police Dogs Are Weapons.”

17 Likes