Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

14 Likes

It’s long.
I nevertheless treasure what Wade Davis brings to our attention.
I am grateful for his truth-telling, his naming of all the heroes of humanity he has had the honor of working with and for, and I count him among those heroes.

https://longnow.org/seminars/02021/jun/29/activist-anthropology/

Well done, sir.

(ugh, Onebox is not cooperating so… a second link directly to the Long Now Foundation’s channel:)

9 Likes

Thank you, I look forward to this!

8 Likes

giphy_s

6 Likes

She is sometimes referred to as “meemaw” (southern US for “granny”) in both an endearing and a pejorative way. Right now, meemaw is scolding the kids.

ETA:

13 Likes
13 Likes

But she’s not willing to put any consequences behind her scolding. The “kids” are sassing meemaw back with “Nuh-uh, whatcha goin’ do about it?” Mask requirements for schools full of unvaccinated kids? Indoor mask mandate in general, with teeth this time? Vaccination requirements for schools and healthcare providers? Nope, nope, and nope.

“We’ve tried nothing and are out of ideas.”

6 Likes

Is any governor? As far as I can tell, of the [R] govs, she’s been the most vocal about the importance of vaccines. dating back to April. Low bar, I know, but this is a deep, deep-red state we’re talking about.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Great news.

I wonder how much they paid Tom Hanks to be their All-Murican voice heralding/advertising the change.

3 Likes
19 Likes
  • weeps in graphics card *
8 Likes

I didn’t want to derail the KKK statue removal thread with this but it reminded me of how awesome Dolly Parton is. She declined the statue swap. Good call.

16 Likes

Unscreened town hall participant tells Rand Paul to “get fucked.”

I love it.

18 Likes

“…a city of fire and water.”

Ooh, nice callout to the Cuyahoga River Fire.

His face tho! :rofl:

14 Likes
16 Likes

Do not mess with grannies.

11 Likes

Masters of Cane-Fu!

8 Likes

Jeanette Winterson has a new (non-fiction) book coming out!

9 Likes
9 Likes