Good price on a SanDisk 128GB Flash Drive

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/03/good-price-on-a-sandisk-128gb.html

1 Like

This IS a good price…Just think of all the malware one could put on it. That’s a whole lot of of stuxnets right there!!

5 Likes

Sadly 64GB is the largest I can plug into the car. But $10 for one of those is not bad either.

1 Like

From the top Amazon review: “At some point during the copy, an error message pops up that the USB drive can no longer be read and it will vanish from my desktop. No amount of moving it or trying to mount it using the computer’s disk utilities or trying to read it in another USB port will help. It’s locked and nothing will unlock it!”

2 Likes

Which is why one should never buy storage from Amazon. You never know when you are going to get a fake.

2 Likes

Why I do agree with that being a good deal for a 128GB flash drive, I’m going to disagree with your statement about it being alot of memory…
Honestly that’s not even alot of memory anymore, not even for a flash drive …
I’ve got two movies on my hard drive right now that would fill up that amount of space in about 5 minutes.
You can buy flash drives nowadays with 2TB of storage space on them
Now THAT is a lot of memory on a flash disk

1 Like

Hi, Raun, welcome to Boing Boing.

My head still explodes at the idea of a 1GB hard drive; I can remember when it was all tape cassettes, and floppy discs (I was shocked when I bought a new computer and found that a floppy drive was “optional”. I was shocked again when I bought a newer computer and learned that an optical drive was now “optional”); heck, my Mum used punch cards to store and run programmes on a mainframe for her research :smiley: How things have changed.

5 Likes

Definitely this. Make sure you’re buying direct from Amazon, the manufacturer, or reputable sellers. Fake flash memory is a scourge and Amazon will not help you if you get counterfeit memory from a third party seller.

If a price is too good to be true, there’s probably a reason for it.

1 Like

I have used B&H Photo and Video since the days of sheet film photography. They’ve never steered me wrong, and I don’t work for them.

1 Like

I’m with ya. I remember days when upgrading my Palm to 16 MB was a big deal. This blows my mind;

(That’s 512 GB btw, on something the size of the fingernail of your pinkie)

2 Likes

B&H is what I would consider reputable. It’s the various fly by night shops that you need to worry about.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.