Good riddance, Chris Matthews, MSNBC's sexist blowhard

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/02/good-riddance-chris-matthews.html

16 Likes

Good Bye! And don’t let the door hit ya where the good Dog split ya.

25 Likes

it’s not an excuse but he was a dinosaur and totally out of place on TV even last election cycle, this one he is way past overdue to retire but MSNBC seems to have seen him through his cancer treatments so I guess that was kind

(still won’t forgive them for firing Melissa Harris Perry who was one of the best hosts there ever)

14 Likes
9 Likes

Sexual harassment allegations, you say? Gosh, why would he be inclined to try and undermine the credibility of women accusing Bloomberg of the same thing? Can’t imagine why…

19 Likes

Dear Chris Matthews Asshole:

Sincerely, Melz

30 Likes

Why do I have the feeling that he’ll turn up on FoxNews?

19 Likes

It was a pretty epic flounce. So he’s got that going for him. Whatever crossover audience there is between MSNBC and Faux News will miss him, I guess. Couldnt watch him myself, will not miss his style one bit.

13 Likes

As a non-watcher of cable news, before I knew anything about him, just seeing the tiniest of clips of him, I still got a sense of who he was.
So,

17 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before he shows up on Fox News.

3 Likes

In 1999… Matthews received a “stern reprimand”

And that didn’t work?!

I’m shocked! That’s the foremost old white man wrist-slap and heretofore has solved all other cases of sexual harassment!!

What is this world coming to?

14 Likes

I guess he doesn’t have to worry about commies in Central Park any more then.

5 Likes

Ah, we could do a collection of his worst behavior, but for sheer inexplicable weirdness, my favorite is that time we rambled endlessly about how out of touch Obama was for ordering orange juice at a diner.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Too bad, I’ve grown fond of his on-air meltdowns. Ah, the memories.

1 Like

My inner man is totally happy regarding this news.

Good riddance.

1 Like
15 Likes

Jesus, he knows he’s not making sense so he immediately pivots from feigning incredulity that self-protection is a motive for lying to “you’re confident of your accusation.” That was such a bullshit rhetorical power play.

Warren didn’t make an accusation. She simply declined to reflexively accuse the woman who did of being a liar, unlike some people in that video I could name.

11 Likes

He was useless as a political commentator. Canceled? Self canceled? Unknown. Cancel culture is completely dishonest, destructive, and counter productive.

I know today there are no shades of gray, you’re either a 1 or a 0, and I guess we’re all supposed to hate everything Chris Matthews ever did and every word he ever spoke, but I do recall one of my all-time favorite moments on tv was when he didn’t let a laughable right wing talking head get away with spewing complete ignorance unchecked.

3 Likes