Why did Chris Matthews say Bernie Sanders' win in Nevada is like the Nazi conquest of France?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/23/why-did-chris-matthews-say-ber.html

10 Likes

He’s an asshole?

69 Likes

Because he’s an idiot? Because he’s incredibly out of touch? Because he’s scared for his own millions?

61 Likes

Matthews is the ancient dinosaur of msnbc that no-one has been able to explain to me why he is still around.

Okay he had prostate cancer and they maybe supported him through that with health insurance which was nice of them.

But he is a disgusting, belching, farting relic (seriously he is so horrible during his regular time slot, it’s like he is eating before/during) way past his prime.

Maybe he has some blackmail on some exec there, or maybe he is terrified to retire because he will lose health-insurance (hey he should support Bernie for that alone).

But it’s not just him, they are all towing the anti-bernie corporate line.

The only great hosts like Melissa Harris Perry were terminated long ago for refusing to go with the “but her emails” and hype breaking news on every candidate-trump idiocrasy. Even Maddow is kinda terrible now with her endless breathless drama instead of issue coverage.

22 Likes

Because “left-wing” media in the US is right of center, just like the members of the Democratic establishment.

60 Likes

Is he gunning for a spot on fox news as an “awakened former liberal media person who has seen the light”?

21 Likes

Hey, that’s impressive; a headline that disproves Betteridge’s Law of Headlines.

Or better still, we can adhere to Betteridge and answer: “No.”

6 Likes

Indeed.

You know, Chris Matthews actually used to work for Roger Ailes on a cable channel called America’s Talking. Ailes eventually left to start Fox News, taking folks like Steve Doocy with him. And what happened to America’s Talking? It became MSNBC.

27 Likes

Right?!
He’ll be part of the Fox News “Never-Berner” hires when Fox News gets relegated to being the moderate Republican channel and Trump TV becomes a legit thing.

10 Likes

Blockquote

That explains that clip of him laughing with John Kasich & saying something to the effect of “I love Roger”

2 Likes

Whenever Chris Matthews and James Carville and their ilk come onscreen to hand-wring, I feel like they should be introduced with, “And now let’s hear what the '90s has to say…”

35 Likes

There are some nominal democrats in the running, whose interests would be better served by another 4 years of Trump, than a Sanders presidency.

Everyone who isnt a millionaire needs to take their calls for party unity with a grain of salt.

19 Likes

That was my immediate thought upon reading the title of this post.

22 Likes

owned by comcast

3 Likes

Chris Matthews is a corporate stooge.

4 Likes

It’s great to see people arguing the way you are having to do so now on their back foot like that.

11 Likes

Chris Matthews, the subject of the boing boing post we are discussing, literally expressed, earlier the same day, openly, exactly the position that you are so incensed that someone might have imputed to him.

This is unequivocally true of Bloomberg, so I’m not sure why @mcsnee is assuming that he’s ascribing it to all non-Sanders Dems.

24 Likes

Lolwut?
You mean sound bites like his fully fleshed out M4A proposal that has a complete plan for funding?

27 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it!

The same way it’s done in all the other developed countries: We use the National Science Foundation to fund it. Treating sick people and curing disease is too important to let it all swing on whether or not that’s profitable.

It’s 100% a done deal in the rest of the developed world. I don’t know why you think it’s so impossible or difficult mechanically.

That part is tricky. I guess we just have to vote out inhumanitarians and hope the trumpists die soon. They won’t but that’s the only way you can fix a judiciary selected to maximize cruelty and human suffering.

42 Likes