Google will create a free paper phone for you

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/29/google-will-create-a-free-pape.html

This looks absolutely insane to me.

3 Likes

Paper Phone helps you have a little break away from your digital world by printing a personal booklet

I assume this app is a loss-leader to sell more “flesh tone” printer ink.

2 Likes

Desert Island looks useful. I bet that could help people from being on their phones too much.

Paper phone is ridiculous. Might as well not even carry a phone around then.

1 Like

At first I was all like:

But after re-reading for about 5 times I was like:

I’ve had Unlock Clock installed for a few days now (9 unlocks for today so far). I wish it had a full black background instead of grey. Now if only it would graph past days unlocks. I think I hit over 30 on the weekend.

i dunno, the paper quality is nice, its the 3 year contract that’s the killer. :wink:

4 Likes

An app lets you choose what to include such as favourite contacts, maps and meetings and then prints them directly to a sheet of paper. Customisable “paper apps” like recipes, phrasebooks and notepads let you get things done or unwind in a more focussed way.

and I thought the goal of the technology of having a handheld-computer in your pocket which contains everything from “favourite contacts, maps and meetings” was to not need paper at all anymore.

1 Like

good point, this is also a big f’u to the plant a bajillion trees youtube movement going on right now.

2 Likes

3 Likes

My version is better. I call it a note. It doesn’t require a smartphone app and I encrypt it by writing in cursive.

3 Likes

I hesitant to waste paper like this, but I often manually write out my todos for the day + addresses of appts in a notes app, then leave the phone in airplane mode only listening to podcasts or saved music. I find it’s much more soothing than scrolling Reddit (or even BB) on the bus/running errands

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.