GOP adds more chaos with not 1, not 2, but 9 more House speaker candidates

Originally published at: GOP adds more chaos with not 1, not 2, but 9 more House speaker candidates | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

Tired Over It GIF by GIPHY News

20 Likes

Gee, almost as if chaos is the plan.

Fully expect more of this insane performance right up until the 2024 election.

18 Likes

I’m sure they’ll offer this as more “proof” that government is not the solution.

17 Likes

“It’s the Democrats fault that we have 9 speaker candidates” says some idiot in the conference.

19 Likes

We can only be one or two nominations from Lauren Boebert being the frontmost candidate.

8 Likes

33 Likes

There was a time not so long ago when they could have found a candidate that all Republicans could agree on by simply nominating the unquiet ghost of Ronald Reagan for Speaker. Those days are gone, alas, and even the Gipper is now just another RINO. I don’t see any easy solution here.

8 Likes

Exactly. I used to hear the line “further right than Attila the Hun”. Well, Attila is now just another RINO.

14 Likes

Only 200-odd more clowns to set up and knock down and then they can trot out li’l trumpy.

5 Likes

How far are we from having to retrofit the capital rotunda with a thunderdome?

12 Likes

Kind of happy there’s no women, actually.

You know it’s going to be a shitshow, and there’s zero way that whoever gets elected speaker will be effective or unstained by this disaster. There’s a strong tendency for women to be tossed into those positions.

One less glass cliff to throw a woman legislator off of.

4 Likes

“Include”. So there’s more? What happens if “Other” on the ballot gets a majority?

5 Likes

These nine are a setup for the worst rendition of Abbott & Costello’s “Who’s on First.” Their lineup has lots of depth at 3rd base, and it sucks that I have to give a darn about these clowns

8 Likes

For some reason I’m envisioning a tiny car pulling up to the Capitol building, and all of these candidates piling out of it.

14 Likes

Well, the good news is they can all car pool into one clown car.

6 Likes

Any bets on whether they elect a speaker before the upcoming election day? We will not forget how badly Republicans are messing up.

3 Likes

Come on, folks! Homecoming is only 5 days away! /s

3 Likes

I’m not being sarcastic when I say it’s a shame that there aren’t enough moderate Republicans to form a coalition with the Democrats and elect a speaker. Why not get that committee chair you’ve always wanted by crossing the aisle?

6 Likes

Yep, and then when the election hits and the handful of districts that might actually have a shot at flipping seats along with the 6-7 purple states that run every election, tv ads will be tons of this.

“See how government is useless and can’t function!”

“The Democrats refuse to work with us to compromise!”

And it will likely work in many areas because the public – especially the kind who vote for Republicans – have a short memory made shorter by crushing capitalism and a 24 hour media cycle.

5 Likes