GOP candidate for Pennsylvania governor to his opponent: "I’m going to stomp all over your face with golf spikes."

There is something rather pathetic about resorting to golf-related threats when the material culture of politically motivated stomping is really quite rich, varied; and often actually intimidating.

2 Likes

Earth? You aren’t giving us much to work with here…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s like that everywhere. Just look what it did to Alice Cooper!

And that’s exactly why he did it. It plays to the base, which now expects their candidates to be “tough” (or, in this case, attempting to appear tough while coming off as a spineless douche), while expecting Dems to turn the other cheek.

Yep… they’ve all lost their damned minds if they think this is okay.

1 Like

In the UK the Official Monster Raving Loony Party actually rejects membership to fascists who attempt to join,

They’re loonies, but they aren’t insane.

The actual reason is to stop fascist entryism, which has happened a few times

9 Likes

“Hey. It’s Friday, where’s my paycheck?”

“Scott Wagner took 'em all. They’re sitting in a director’s chair next to a billboard for some reason.”

1 Like

Taking a page from Trump here, I think.
“Talkin’ to that base, to that base, to that base…”

1 Like

I guess everyone forgot about Greg Gianforte who assaulted a reporter, lied about it, eventually plead guilty and still won his election and was sworn in. This is what their base wants, they would be happy with cage matches instead of elections.

4 Likes

Republicans have golf shoes
Democrats have tiddlywinks
Proud Boys have shields and clubs
Leftists … have bandanas

Guess who Congress is about to punish with fifteen year Federal sentences.

Tbh I’m guessing he was always like that if he turned to golf.

I grew up near a well known golf course (that didn’t allow women as full members do was particularly “elite”) so I really, really fucking hate golf, viscerally , rather than just think it’s a good walk ruined. It was kind of the place where we could see that we weren’t the right kind of people. And even as an old white dude I still have contempt for that shit.
Iinks courses do preserve vital salt marshes though. Great for frogs and stuff. And golf courses are okay for mushrooms too. But in general their manicured lawn shit is an offense to the human race.

1 Like

Oh, absolutely. There’s a subset of rock fans a little older than me that grew up with Kiss and Cooper and think they’re gods. I was fortunate enough to grow up a little after their heyday and realize they’re just right-wing assholes (and half of Kiss were Nazi sympathizers, too apparently).

Golf is the ultimate aspiring oligarch’s game.

Maybe he should smile more? He’s probably really pleasing when he smiles.

5 Likes

I see an opportunity for Wagner if this election thing doesn’t pan out:

1 Like

He is an a-hole in one (ad).

1 Like

Used to be a “woodman” or an “iron man” did hard physical labor and were pretty tough. :roll_eyes:

Yeesh, people like that team? Is it treatable?

Once again:

4 Likes

Just a side note from a reformed golfer (loved the game, my back disagrees) - most courses now-a-days required rubber spikes, won’t even let you on with metal spikes. Tears up the grass too much.

1 Like

That struck me too. When was the last time anybody wore golf shoes with spikes?

2 Likes

This is Republicans with no ideas hoping being more Trump-like will, on its own, endear then to voters and mask the fact that they have absolutely no ideas that their voters will like.

1 Like