GOP celebrated US Independence Day with a tweet featuring the... Liberian flag

I’m not sure whether Yevgeny Dragunov would be flattered, displeased, or confused.

9 Likes

I think you’re too harsh. For them, everywhere looks like Republic of Gilead.
/S

3 Likes

This design lacks realism. The left margin should have hills of bodies stacked up.
/S

5 Likes

Well, at least they correctly show the guns holding up all the states.

9 Likes

Garden variety incompetence seems most likely; but I have to suspect that those involved wouldn’t exactly be brokenhearted were this to be interpreted as support for the good works of the American Colonization Society.

6 Likes

I like this one much more:

Also avail in lovely Pride:

22 Likes

laugh-african

11 Likes

You know who else has a flag that looks like that?

10 Likes

22 Likes

Or Mr. Lee or Enfield.

4 Likes

See… it’s one oh-so-white star prominent on a blue [bloods] background, in summit over the “other” white and “coloured” lines. All held up by a phallic blue line-wit’-a-knob-on [patriarchy] … could they be clearer about their support of, and lap-dogging to, the monied classes?

/s … only that it’s purposeful and not a fsck up. Last line still feels a true question.

4 Likes

Mary Jane Weed GIF by Creative Courage

7 Likes

That sort of thing happens. Last autumn the Social Democrat Party in my native state of Hesse, Germany, put out a “Happy Yom Kippur” tweet featuring a picture of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem, a famous monument of Islam.

6 Likes

9 Likes

99% sure their web person just grabbed something off of the patriotic clip art package they have, which was meant to be a generic flag. Though it is a really bad attention to detail, where you would think you would have ol’ Glory waving full on the 4th. Or at least the Betsy Ross Flag.

3 Likes

Meh, less flag and more bunting.

3 Likes

Some in the GOP do seem to favor a style of government consistent with certain African strongman dictators …

1 Like

Meanwhile…

5 Likes

what is with that musket?
is it a very special long rifle for very tiny hands?
it seems so small!

6 Likes

Is he supposed to be Benedict Arnold?

9 Likes