GOP celebrated US Independence Day with a tweet featuring the... Liberian flag

Originally published at: GOP celebrated US Independence Day with a tweet featuring the… Liberian flag | Boing Boing

9 Likes

dems would be absolutely pilloried if they made the same mistake

27 Likes

At least it wasn’t the red, white and blue flag of the Russian Federation (the MAGAts’ choice).

22 Likes

Nothing about this surprises me… :grin:

Meanwhile over here on the other side of the pond, a friend sent me this:

I responded with an image from the (American) owner/brewer at Werewolf Beer in Camden:

Then at my local craft beer place this evening a couple walked in with t-shirts matching the above - he was a Brit, she was American - Happy 4th to you all!

31 Likes

You know, if we could be independent from the GOP it would surely be a day to celebrate.

29 Likes

In Bioshock Infinite there is an enemy robot that is George Washington with minigun

18 Likes

41 Likes

It’s got the wrong number of stripes to be the Liberian flag either. There’s five stripes under the blue canton, while the Liberian one has six. This implies that it has nine stripes total, to the Liberian eleven.

10 Likes

What’s white and blue and red in the face. The GQP on a good day.

10 Likes

Like this?

15 Likes
20 Likes

I’m not surprised that the party who angrily and constantly declares themselves true patriots can’t even recognize their own flag. They probably couldn’t find the USA on a map.

21 Likes

They fuck this up so often, it’s got to be on purpose. :confused:

10 Likes

They just haven’t been the same since Pauley Perrette left.

12 Likes

Why limit it to independence from Britain? Think of how even more common independence days are if you also include independence from Spain, France, the Netherlands, etc.

14 Likes

Some Germans were staying at the same place we did in Jamaica, not long after the rethugs got mad about Bill Clinton’s sex life, and they snubbed us. Once we explained that we hated the rethugs as much as any intelligent being, read books, two of us spoke a little German, and I said that we can find our country on a world map, all was well and we became friends.

A couple days later, we went for a drive together up to Murphy Hill, and Dieter noticed the world map on a wall near the bar. We grinned at each other, went over to it, and I gleefully pointed to my own and his country as he pretended he was a stern and unbelieving schoolmaster XD We then talked about which places we’d like to visit. :smiley:

ETA: No, the countries weren’t labelled - it was a purely physical not political map XD

24 Likes

Liberia was never a British colony. It was, however, colonised by Americans.

19 Likes

It’s not even the Liberian Flag - look at the color of the stripe below the blue field. In Texas, that’s the kind of flag graphic used to celebrate a rodeo.

7 Likes

Before the bird site goes down entirely, in flames, forever, it would be good to archive in some more permanent way all the most egregious, most anti-constitutional, most illegal and damning Tweets. Receipts. Evidence.

19 Likes

I passed a 4th of July fireworks stand yesterday selling these lovely patriotic flags:

Murica!

9 Likes