GOP Congressgangster Ralph Norman does not regret pulling a loaded gun on constituents from "Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/08/they-needed-killin.html

3 Likes

Norman told the Post and Courier that he had no regrets about pulling a loaded firearm on his constituents and that he plans to do it again: “I’m tired of these liberals jumping on the guns themselves as if they are the cause of the problem. Guns are not the problem.”

Indeed. Guns as such aren’t the problem. Assholes like him are.

83 Likes

“I’m tired of these liberals jumping on the guns themselves as if they are the cause of the problem. Guns are not the problem.”

Idiots with guns are related problems. Norman stands as a textbook example encompassing both, while “these liberals” (Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America) have no relation to either idiocy or carrying firearms.

37 Likes

How and why is this brainless thug a congresscritter, again?

18 Likes

Came here to say exactly this.

I take an originalist view of the second amendment- folks should be allowed to own as many muzzle loaders as they like. If our Congress critters want to go around strapped, a flintlock and powder horn stuffed in a wide silk sash will look fantastic over their brooks brothers suits.

Maybe they should have to wear a red nose and puffy shoes too. I like to know right away when I’m dealing with a clown.

32 Likes

Well, okay; guns are not the problem. They just make the problem much, much worse.

48 Likes

The stupidity.

Gabby Giffords was shot in the head by a person with schizophrenia, shooting wildly into a crowd. The shooter was not shoting well. But she was still shot in the head and would not have been able to shoot back if she had a gun.

39 Likes

Someone who pulls out a gun to intimidate his constituents should have his carry permit revoked- for starters.

67 Likes

Their words scared me. So as a politician trained in the art of debate and discourse, I pulled a gun out.

No need to even speak softly when you’ve got something bigger than the stick.

17 Likes

Actually, according to the Wikipedia article: “Giffords had set up a table outside the store and about 20 to 30 people were gathered around her when 22-year-old Jared Lee Loughner suddenly drew a pistol and shot Giffords in the head.”

Are there stats on people successfully shooting back at shooters in a crowd? With/without having been shot in the head?

4 Likes

Shot by his own gun when an upset constituent pulls it from his desk before he can grab it. Sad way to go.

15 Likes

I was under the impression she didn’t even see him before she was shot. How she was supposed to shoot back is beyond me.

15 Likes

Hey - Congressman dipshit - Steve Scalise was a gun owner.

16 Likes

As did their hero Ronald Reagan. Didn’t stop him from getting shot either.

25 Likes

This assclown is my representative. Don’t worry, he will be gone in November. Lots of mobilization here for Archie Parnell, who nearly beat him in the special election to replace the other assclown, Mick Mulvaney. This stupid and dangerous stunt has gotten him a shit ton of bad press. Honestly, I couldn’t happier. If I had been planted as spy in his campaign, I couldn’t have come up with a better move for Archie.

43 Likes

Yet - neither brandished a gun to intimidate other unarmed people who weren’t threatening them.

This ass needs to have his weapons confiscated by DC or Capital police.

22 Likes

Acting that stupidly can be a threat to national security.

11 Likes

I wonder if said constituent would get away with claiming self defense.

3 Likes

I’m feeling psychic. I just know that Ralph Norman is one of those “always a round in the chamber” guys.

8 Likes

Assholes like him with easy access to guns.

4 Likes