GOP lawmaker in Kansas says black people "responded the worst" to marijuana because of "genetics" and "character makeup"

Next up, the 2020’s mimic the 1940’s. Fascits in charge, War rages, and Nazi’s show their true colors. I’m begining to think the cyclical theory of history is a fact. On the plus side we’ve learned to do a lot more with Hemp!

3 Likes

Wait, does this mean that the laws against Heroin and other Opoid are there because white people respond the worst to it, due to genetics and character?

13 Likes

Here in the UK there’s a company called Good Hemp that makes hemp-based food and drink. I suppose that retailers would have objected to “Good Weed”.

I wholeheartedly agree, but there is no need to bring neanderthals into this.
They actually had social standards and probably were much nicer guys than this Homo sapiens sapiens.

4 Likes

There “logic” can get fairly convoluted when they explain why giving tax breaks to companies (Many of which are already banking huge profits) and the wealthy (who, by definition already have plenty of money) will suddenly cause them to pay employees more and find more productive ways to invest that money.

7 Likes

Gotta love his phrasing in his public apology (to which Frauenfelder gives a link in the article):
“I’m about as far from being a racist as I could get.”
Well, when you phrase it that way, that’s certainly true.

10 Likes

You can count on republicans for racism and incompetent government.

1 Like

And their reason for incompetence is often so they can eventually point to how badly this or that government or public entity is doing, so “We should just shut it down and let the magic hand of the free market take over.”

12 Likes

Oh Kansas, why did you stop giving the world progressives like William Allen White (the elementary school I went to when I was kid back there too)? But sadly this kind of stuff coming out of my home state isn’t unexpected. There were still dry counties in the 1990s if I remember rightly (but be some too).

5 Likes

I thought “character makeup” was what they put on your face in the movies if you’re portraying a clown.

Looks like Steve Alford doesn’t need makeup to play a clown.

2 Likes

They still have a couple and a ton of counties require at least 30% of revenue come from food. https://www.ksrevenue.org/pdf/abcwetdrymap.pdf

2 Likes

The problem is that this guy is a REAL example of the failure of our education system. He went to school during a time when a distorted version of history was taught and learned a false explanation of the history of drugs and prohibition in America.

When he went to school, they wouldn’t tell students that marijuana was outlawed because it was a threat to the textile industry and about how lobbying bought the votes to outlaw it. He is from a time when the government spread propaganda about drugs. He probably doesn’t know that it was the CIA that illegally financed the drug cartels to overthrow governments and how they deliberately introduced drugs to groups in the US.

Unfortunately, our education system is still grossly inadequate and filled with misinformation about the true history of our country because it’s not as pretty as our leaders would like. As we have seen in recent months, ignorance is still a prevalent influence in our country and is used by our government to manipulate people. That only cure is a real education for everyone. You have seen how our leaders are trying to prevent it.

13 Likes

3 Likes

Additionally funny how politicians focus on the evils of pot when there’s an opioid crisis that is much more serious and severe, and totally legal and overprescribed. But yeah, marijuana is the gateway drug… sure. Sure.

14 Likes

where do these people come up with this shiit?

2 Likes

It was common, old school propaganda back in the day based on casual observations and assumed racial superiority.

10 Likes

Obviously this guy has not been attending the safety meetings.

1 Like

Every time I think Missouri is the worst of the worst, I just look west.

OTOH, Kansas didn’t make Fodor’s 2018 top 10 places to avoid list like we did. Right between Mount Everest and Honduras, yay!

3 Likes

Hemp IS marijuana, dude.

They’re both cannabis, but they’re very different from each other.

11 Likes