GOP lawmaker loses assignment after racist tweet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/16/gop-lawmaker-loses-assignment-after-racist-tweet.html

14 Likes

He should go back to where his people came from.

31 Likes

In the past few months, “The Great Replacement” has shot to the top of the fascist hit parade. It has appeal in all quarters the conspiracist right. In addition to the xenophobia and anti-Semitism and racism, it ties directly into the complaint that straight white men in particular are somehow being discriminated against in workplaces and schools.

Just the other day, some idiot showed up here claiming that there’s a “competency crisis” resulting from this discrimination. In this narrative, a wide variety of industrial and engineering and business disasters are blamed on heroic and naturally competent white men being excluded from professions (pay no attention to 40 years of neoliberal deregulation and the cost-cutting dictates of late-stage capitalism, apparently).

23 Likes

His rapper game is strange for a white guy fearful of “replacement”.

7 Likes

Seems racist gQp posts are a thing today:

Spending time on the xitter has made these assholes forget there’s another world outside their bigoted bubble of assholes.

13 Likes

“I’m opposed to racists, race baiters and victim politics,” Schriver told The Detroit News. “What I find strange is the agenda to demoralize and reduce the white portion of our population.”

Condensed for concision: “I’m opposed to myself.”

14 Likes

The only surprising part of this is that there were consequences for him. The Overton window is moving so fast these days…

12 Likes

My usual comment of “Christ, what and asshole.” Just doesn’t seem to cut it anymore.

10 Likes

On Thursday afternoon, RPV Chairman Rich Anderson said the post “does not reflect my values or that of my party.”

Can they still say that with a straight face?

14 Likes

“Welcome to the Republican Party! Just a few more steps and you’ll be an official member! Through that door, where they’ll surgically remove your sense of shame, then the next one where they will replace it with an anti-cognitive dissonance implant, then the third room where they will remove your spine!”

19 Likes

And if you aren’t rich (wtf are you doing here?), this is all elective surgery and we hope you have healthcare coverage. We do take ObamaCare because we are also raging hypocrites.

11 Likes

I’m afraid we’re full up. We’ve got enough of his kind here already - see Sverigedemokraterna, AfD, FdI, PVV, etc.

4 Likes

I border this guy’s county, it’s not surprising there were consequences in Lansing for him but it will probably get him reelected.

He also said this last summer. See if you can spot the, moron says what? statement.

Funny thing is he’s left it up on his official page.

Our Founding Fathers had a very different visions of what government is supposed to look like. Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin and other architects of the U.S. Constitution supported a government with checks and balances with robust debate among elected representatives before bills are voted on.

14 Likes

Quite the Founding Father, that Lincoln considering Abe’s actual father was 9 when the Constitution was written and signed in 1787.

14 Likes

It’s amazing how quickly this explicitly neo-Nazi belief has been uniformly embraced by the Republican party mainstream. The Trump effect, I guess.

It’s also amazing how Republicans are now redefining “racist” to mean “people subject to racism.” As a society we finally agreed that “racism” was bad, but the problem is we never defined “racism.” Now the racist right are coming up with some pretty wacky definitions of their own…

It’s always projection with the right.

7 Likes

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes

Its usage is also subpar.

5 Likes

Even people with a casual familiarity with American history know that Lincoln referred to the framers of the Constitution as “…our fathers…” in the very first sentence of his most famous address.

Lumping someone of Lincoln’s generation in with the people who founded the United States would be like lumping someone of Trump’s generation in with the people who fought World War I.

8 Likes

The odd thing is how old the Great Replacement Theory is. It’s in The Great Gatsby, and that was written 100 years ago. I suppose it’s the fundamental nature of reactionaries to want to turn things back to the past.

7 Likes

Don’t forget transphobia, homophobia and acephobia. Anything that doesn’t have white people reproducing is part of the great replacement to these arseholes.

9 Likes