RNC Co-Chair Lara Trump spreads the Great Replacement Theory

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/11/rnc-co-chair-lara-trump-spreads-the-great-replacement-theory.html

12 Likes

Republicans never stray far from going full on Neo-Nazi.

As if her efforts to embezzle all RNC funds for her father in law’s legal woes didn’t make her a big enough dirtbag.

26 Likes

The “Wild West” era was a time period marked by white colonization of places previously inhabited by darker-skinned peoples (Indigenous Americans and Mexican people), not the other way around.

29 Likes

Have they even been to Europe?

18 Likes

Of course they have. But they also know that 95% of hardcore Trumpers haven’t been to Europe, and probably never will go there. Don’t for a second think that these people don’t know that what they’re saying is bullshit.

30 Likes

Probably not (aside from trips to Trump’s golf course) but she did pull the “I have European friends!” card so we can be assured she’s a highly informed commentator.

14 Likes

Probably, but it doesn’t matter. They’re pandering to neo-Nazis, they will lie however much they think they need to in order to secure the white supremacy vote.

@danimagoo: a shocking percentage of US residents have never been outside the county they were born in.

23 Likes

Oh I know. My own brother has lived in our hometown his entire life, and he’s 57. He has traveled around the country some, mostly on business trips, which are rare for him, so he has been to places like New York and California, but he hasn’t spent much time there. Most of his vacations involve camping in places like Lake Texoma and Possum Kingdom. And there’s nothing wrong with that, but he does have a narrower world view than me or our parents as a result.

22 Likes

I’m sure Lara and Eric must be glad that TFG has no history of eventually turning on every financial and political partner he’s ever had. And that if fundraising and the election goes kablooey (:crossed_fingers:), he will accept the blame himself and not attack his DIL in unhinged late night rants about her lack of intelligence, her disloyalty, her greed and her singing.
I think we should have a lottery for what week that happens in.

11 Likes

RNC Co-Chair Lara Trump spreads the Great Replacement Theory Lie.

I am sure that they are simply delightful people.

20 Likes

If a final nail was needed for the coffin to hold the tattered remains of the RNC’s respectability, the appointment of this bigoted crook to co-chair it on behalf of her fascist grifter father-in-law will do the job.

17 Likes

It is like the Turkey’s voting for Christmas. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

13 Likes

The crime family will sink the GQP in both name and money. It’s just matter of time and what extend of collateral damage associated with it. In their spiral into irrelevancy, they will try to destroy everything. Our job is to prevent it from happen. Go vote. We need to keep the orange menace out of office. It will buy us some time in short term because the GQP doesn’t have his spiritual successor right now. In the meantime, broken SCOTUS will need to be fixed. All loop holes Tr*mp used to worm his way in need to be plugged. Norms need to be codified in laws. As already proven, norms only as good as the person exercises it and we can’t count on that. Also, go voting, every single election. The fascists crawled their way in because we were complacent and didn’t play the long game. I hope the SCOTUS’s bullshit wake enough people up.

21 Likes

Seems like what’s underlying the mass Republican move to adopting neoNazi beliefs is that they’ve become self-aware enough about their own racism that they can’t even conceive of brown people wanting to join the party.

It’s always been about projection - racists always assume that, if given the chance, brown people will do to them what they’ve historically (and/or personally) been doing to brown people.

12 Likes

Who the fuck are those assclowns?

6 Likes

Neonazis in Budapest c.2008, apparently.

Imgur

8 Likes

Hopefully that Great Sucking Sound is all the money being extracted from RNC down-ballot efforts. (Which still leaves oligarchs and special interests funding their pet races.)

9 Likes

4 Likes
5 Likes

Don’t feel bad, it’s just the asshats passing the buck. Again.

3 Likes