Marjorie Taylor Greene celebrates after RNC bloodbath: "MAGA is now in control!"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/12/marjorie-taylor-greene-celebrates-after-rnc-bloodbath-maga-is-now-in-control.html

11 Likes

“hand in glove”

Working Are You Ready GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

13 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

But seriously, I am pretty sure she thinks this is a good thing. It should be the death knell for the Republican party as a viable organization. I am expecting Country Club republicans and centrist dems to form a new, right-but-not-fascist party. Maybe this will bring in a true multiparty system here? Or maybe the icky feeling from my shingles booster is just making me hallucinate. Either way, it sounds good!

40 Likes

The X is pronounced “sh”

17 Likes

Yup, got that. That’s why it’s funny.

21 Likes

Let the money funneling begin!

18 Likes

“The cuts also included local staff that ran the committee’s community centers, in African American, Asian and Hispanic communities.”

So, they think they have these communities locked in?

20 Likes

Fascists do love their purges and long knives. According to Project 2025 that will continue with the permanent federal bureaucracy if Il Douche wins in November.

28 Likes

Fingers crossed that this ‘bites them in the ass’ while simultaneously “eating their faces.”

Obligs:

30 Likes

It’s more likely they’ve arranged to have them “locked out”.

9 Likes

And throw away any votes they may have gotten from them. Not many I am sure, but there may have been a few. Good for our team though.
I know the actual reason though is to funnel what they save by not funding those centers to TFG’s legal fees.

13 Likes

I’m looking forward to the RNC, after having spent all its money on Trump’s legal bills, hit October with nothing in the bank. “Sorry down ballot candidate, we have nothing left for you.”

26 Likes

Pretty sure it’s “locked up.”

7 Likes

I’m beginning to see the wisdom in Musk’s company name change. Not his wisdom, of course, but it’s really helpful for the rest of us.

19 Likes

I would not hold my breath if I were you.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re already there. The payroll purge is to make sure whatever’s left can be entirely dedicated to T****’s legal fund.

21 Likes

This is the part I focused on, and this is probably good news for Democrats. This likely means they haven’t liked the polling data they’ve been getting from this group. They want polls that show America loves Trump and the MAGA movement. All Americans. In other words, they want to be told what they want to be true, rather than what is true. It’s one thing to shovel that kind of misinformation to the public. It’s quite another thing to eat it yourself. That’s a recipe for some disappointing (to them) results in November.

27 Likes

They already have. That’s why No Labels was formed. Whether they get any traction is an open question.

Probably not. The system’s design doesn’t allow for it. The GOP may be supplanted and go the way of the Whigs, it may prevail as it did over the Bull Moose party, or a counter-coup by the neoCons and MoneyCons may take place.

19 Likes

Yeah, as long as we have first past the post voting, it’s unlikely that a 3rd party will ever be viable on a national level.

18 Likes

I’d argue No Labels is and always was a GOP stalking horse.

29 Likes