GOP-led Senate Intel Committee subpoenas Don Jr. over Russia

He’s in jail already. Might be safer there.

13 Likes

“Why do they have to be so mean to me?”

[ETA: Jr. is probably the least intelligent of anyone in his dad’s orbit, so I can see him totally screwing this up for himself and pops. Chances are their lawyers know this and tell him to just plead the 5th to every single question, rather than perjure himself or make embarrassing, waffling non-answers. Or else he fails to appear and gets contempt like Barr.]

22 Likes

As it’s been said, many times, of the entire Trump family (and administration): It’s Fredos all the way down.

It’s more likely to be Russia, unfortunately, but NK would be amazing.

16 Likes

Chicken dinner!

7 Likes

Beat me to it.

2 Likes

It’s like a polar bear in a blizzard: I did not see that coming.

The cynic in me thinks: so how will the GOP committee use this to find out what Fredo knows and how to protect Dolt 45 from it. After this, they can use the excuse of “he doesn’t have to testify to anyone else, he testified to us and we found no wrongdoing! anything else constitutes a witch hunt!!!”

4 Likes

chickens

17 Likes

Will it matter? He’s just going to lie his ass off and the GOP will say “seems legit”.

6 Likes

I’m sure he’d be extremely flattered to be compared to Michael Corleone.

4 Likes

11 Likes

IIRC, Sade had renounced his aristocratic title before things got real, and was styling himself “Citizen Sade”, which earned him a lot of good will.
The revolutionaries put him in charge of a tribunal, but then he lost that job and lost all that good will by refusing to execute people.

6 Likes

I see WYDT

5 Likes

I find that hilarious. I always pictured Sade as being deeply cynical of any organization which would give him authority.

5 Likes

Ironically he wasn’t sadistic enough.

10 Likes

Hold on - the GOP led Senate Committee wants to talk to trump jr? What else would they do but pitch him softballs so they can later claim: He is “exonerated!!”

Anybody that’s thinking this represents some sort of peril for jr - have you not been paying attention?

10 Likes

And it will matter how?

When he lies to the GOP Senator, they won’t care.
When his lies contradict his previous testimony, they won’t care.
And if somehow a Democrat manages to do something with that data, his Daddy can pardon him.

4 Likes

“If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

2 Likes

Traditionally, it was thought that Ivanka was the one who got any brains in the next generation. (Barron’s too young and outside this discussion.)

Her actions in the recent years have made a lot of people who originally held that idea (myself included) reconsider things. At the moment, I’d say she’s stupid, too, though probably not as stupid as Jr. and Eric.

11 Likes

That sounds like it should be a lyric by Scott Walker.

1 Like

People should just give up.